Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
new here!

I am new to the forum. Just wanted to swing by this group to say HI!

I have been nursing my daughter since day 1, other than an occasional bottle of breast milk.

I would like to get to know other mom's with my same issues. I have over supply issues, to the point where if she hits a growth spur my over supply is triggered and my issues get worse. I am currently still block feeding because I make to much milk. I tried to nurse off both sides and ended up with mastitis. I also have forceful let down.

I have been attending breast feeding meetings. LLL and a military based breastfeeding group. Where WIC, ACS, social workers and a few other pro breastfeeding ladies are helping women with nursing issues and also with dealing with the soldiers units.

I'd like to get to know more about breastfeeding. I would like to one day to be able to work as a lactation consultant with LLL or something similar.

Advertisement

army_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: new here!

hi! i also have an over supply and forcefull let down. i am going to childrens tomorrow to see a lc and ped to see what i can do to help my lo...she has g.e.r.d which is probably made worse by my issues.
ecbcmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my LO has GI issues also. We see a pediatric GI on the 13th. Same one DS sees. DS has a rare GI issue.....

DD shows signs of what everyone says is milk allergies, but it has the same signs of over supply issues.

I hope we both get our over supply in check!!!! What are you doing to help it currently??
army_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
ecbcmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

well...for starters i rarely ever let her lay flat. i took her to childrens about 2 weeks ago and they put her on zantac. i would like for her not to take anything,but i also dont want her in pain. she goes to the chiropracter 3x a week. (hopefully that will let up also)
hopefully she will be happy and peaceful once all of these mean ol nasty things go away!
i have a very painful let down...i hope this will stop soon! it seriously makes me want to slap someone!!
ecbcmomma is offline   Reply With Quote