Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

Iphone on the cheap?

Where is the cheapest place to get a used Iphone? We are on US Cellular prepaid and they were bought out by Sprint in our area. We are thinking of going with Iphones on Straighttalk. We've used them before, but never with an outside phone. I don't want to spend that much, but I would like access to apple apps for homeschooling. I've been watching ebay and seen them in condition go for as low as $130. Is there a certain time of day or day of the week that's good to bid?

Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
newtocding
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Iphone on the cheap?

Iin the same situation. Here's what I know (and its not much )..

You have to buy an iphone that has a sim card to be able to get it on straight talk. So it has to be an At&T Iphone or a 4S (not just an iphone 4). The verizon phones do not have sim cards. So when I look on ebay, the ones I see that I need are about $250 --$300. (Or you can get an unlocked phone, which is about the same price or more).

I have been watching on craigslist also, as they are a little cheaper than ebay, but have not found any under $200 (unlocked, 4s, or At&T so I can unlock myself).

Please someone correct me if I am wrong!! (I would love to be cuz I see verizon phones for $100 )
Old 07-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #3
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

My husband has been reading up on it and seems to think he can jailbreak a Verizon phone to use with Straighttalk. Have you heard otherwise?
Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
newtocding
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

no, I havent heard otherwise. Just when I was reading, I read about the sim card, and figured that was the easiest way to go (without jailbreaking it..Id probably screw it up). Altho I may have to jailbreak it anyways cuz I read something about MMM (multi media messages ) not coming thru unless its jailbroken?? IDk like I said Im not real good with electronics

Can you ask him a good resource to point me to to jailbreak it?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would look into t mobile. They have huge discounts on phones and for 2 people unlimited everything is around $85
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
Mama2ManyBoyz
Registered Users
seller

how much data does that give u though?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
newtocding
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I looked at tmobile and their phones are still $400+ (you just pay $20 a mnth till its pd off). Plus their data is defined as data, and hi speed data. To have high speed you add $10 or more to each line. (gets more expensive as u add more GB)
Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #8
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocding
I looked at tmobile and their phones are still $400+ (you just pay $20 a mnth till its pd off). Plus their data is defined as data, and hi speed data. To have high speed you add $10 or more to each line. (gets more expensive as u add more GB)
We have t mobile with iPhones (we just bought them new, so no help with the buying used stuff) and I wanted to just clarify the data thing. You actually get the first 500 MB of data as high speed data, included in the plan. If you use more than 500 MB of data, it drops to the lower speed (I think the edge network), but is still unlimited. I am able to access 4G and LTE data speeds on my $85 plan. It will just cut to low speed if we go over the 500 limit. You can get additional high speed data for the $10 a month. Just wanted clarify.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #9
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momEmac

We have t mobile with iPhones (we just bought them new, so no help with the buying used stuff) and I wanted to just clarify the data thing. You actually get the first 500 MB of data as high speed data, included in the plan. If you use more than 500 MB of data, it drops to the lower speed (I think the edge network), but is still unlimited. I am able to access 4G and LTE data speeds on my $85 plan. It will just cut to low speed if we go over the 500 limit. You can get additional high speed data for the $10 a month. Just wanted clarify.

Oh, and the $85 dollars a month is two lines.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote