Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Jane456
Registered Users
Formerly: lindsaym
seller

Rolling & Twisting and NOT sleeping!

My little one is 5 months old now - since about 3.5 months he's been able to roll both ways. It has REALLY negatively affected his sleeping - he will not ever lie on his back - he could be totally limp-limbed asleep and if I set him down on his back, he would roll over onto his side. So I just started setting him down on his side, but he always 'falls' onto his back after around an hour and it wakes him up. Every night. Seriously, we're getting up 6-10 times a night right now. Mommy's exhausted.

And now, as if things weren't bad enough, he's added a new roll to it - now whever I set him down on his side, he rolls onto his tummy and either freaks out shrieking because he doesn't want to be there, or wakes up laughing and trying to push up on his hands & knees. Not my idea of fun at 4am.

I've tried putting a baby positioner around him or rolling up blankets to keep him from moving - but then he tries to roll and gets cranky that there is something underneath him so it doesn't work. Short of buying the Amby bed (too much $$!) and letting him sleep perpetually in his bouncy chair - will this ever end? Is there anything I can do to fix it in the interim?

Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
kittkat398
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rolling & Twisting and NOT sleeping!

Aparently it's something most kids go through to one degree or another. They are overwhelmed with what they are learning and when they find themselves in certain positions have a need to roll.
I don't really know how to make it any easier but they do grow out of it, sorry I can't remember how long that takes.
kittkat398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Kalli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rolling & Twisting and NOT sleeping!

Hi,
I do think most babies goes through this...unfortunate for the babies AND THE PARENTS! When we went through this I would just go in and turn my DS w/ as little interaction as possible...no light, no smile, no talk, no pat, etc. I didn't want to do anything to make him think it was play time. Just turn and go. He almost always went right back to sleep. When he finally learned to roll over or get into a comfortable position on his own everything got much better.

I saw that you mentioned the Amby. We have one for sell if you are interested. I posted it under Children's Items and Everything Else but you could just click on my name and see all of my posts.

We are open to any reasonable offers.

Good luck, Mama!
~Kalli

Selling our cloth diaper stash: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d.php?t=602221
Kalli is offline   Reply With Quote