Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2006, 08:43 AM   #1
lots2learn
Registered Users
seller

oxi-clean

Is it safe to use oxi-clean on pocket dipes or on microfiber inserts??

Advertisement

lots2learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #2
Bridget Riedell
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: oxi-clean

I love your carry position! How do you do that one?

Just FYI, I used OxiClean Baby on my hemp diapers and I do believe it's what put holes in them. As for your dipes, I'm not sure if it would be safe or not. I do believe many people disagree on this issue. There are others that might be safer. I've heard some on here mention a lot of different things. Sportwash?

For a general detergent, we use Sun from Target. It's cheap and works great!
Bridget Riedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Parvati
Registered Users

I've used oxy-clean (both the name brand and the stuff from the dollar store) in the past and my dipes are all in great shape. I'm not sure how to use it now, though, with my front loader. Would I put the powder right in the detergent cup along with my liquid detergent?

I wash with Sportwash for detergent, in case you want to know what to use it with.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
masonite
Whip Crackin Wagon Driver!
seller

My Mood:

I use it to strip my microfiber inserts. I've never actually used it on my pocket dipes, because they don't tend to get the stink build-up that my inserts do. Usually stripping with Dawn will work for my dipes.

But, I use it a lot on my inserts (NOT hemp--it can ruin it), and it works wonders!! I actually use the Sun brand of Oxy-clean. I fill my washer with HOT water, my micro inserts, a little laundry detergent (again, Sun), and 1 or 2 scoops of the Oxy-clean. I let it soak for 3 hours or so (sometimes overnight). Then I run the cycle with an extra rinse. I run one more cycle with nothing in it and an extra rinse. Usually by that time, it's cleared out, but if I have to, I'll throw another rinse in.

It's worked miracles for my inserts. But, again, I don't do it all the time--maybe once or twice a month.

HTH!