Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
countrymomto3
Registered Users
seller

why can't people mind there own buisness? You do not know me!

So I was at the Grocery store with my two kids. One is 3 and the other is two. They are a handful, I even hate grocery shopping, but it has to be done. I am also 29 weeks pregnant and I am pretty small so my belly is very noticable. I am 24 so I am not sure if my age has anything to do with it.

So anyways I am standing in the check out line. This lady started talking to my 2 yr old boy. He hates strangers and made this ugly face that he always makes to everyone. I kept on putting my stuff on the belt. She then pulls out a card (for a local church). She says I see that your not married and you have your hands full directing towards my belly. She says my kids could learn patience in the church and God would forgive me if I asked him.

I froze. what????? I am usually a nice person. I believe in respecting my elders. I said there 2 and 3 years old. How much patience do you expect them to have and that I am happily married but cannot wear my wedding rings due to my fingers being so swollen. The cashier told me the total and I handed her my debit card and she said oh I thought you were paying with foodstamps ( I wanted to fall through the floor) by this time I was pissed. The cashier in the next line must have heard it all because she said just because she has 3 kids does not mean she is paying with foodstamps. I grabbed my slip and thanked her and walked out.

I could not believe the nerve of these people. I will not ever go to that grocery store again and I actually teared up in the car. Dang hormones

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
momof4kidz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: why can't people mind there own buisness? You do not know me!

So sorry. People can be so rude. I get it alot due to being 30 and having 4 kids. Just smile and walk away.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So this was the checker who made those comments? Way out of line and I would be calling and speaking to a manager/supervisor! I wouldn't go back either.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
Saird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, is all I can say. That is unbelievable. I'm so sorry for you that you were subjected to such stupidity. I guess you just have to let it go and just chalk it up to ignorant people. You are a good person, I would not be able to hold my tongue...
Saird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
JerBearsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the nerve of some people.
JerBearsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
txmap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow. I have no words... The world is full of idiots, and you ran into 2 of the biggest ones at the same time!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
countrymomto3
Registered Users
seller

Back in the day it was normal to have kids that close in age, My granny had 7 right after another. Now a days I guess it is not so normal.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
countrymomto3
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper_girl_76 View Post
So this was the checker who made those comments? Way out of line and I would be calling and speaking to a manager/supervisor! I wouldn't go back either.
No the old lady made the church comments. the checker only said the comment about the food stamps. I need not worry about what others think of me
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymomto3 View Post
Back in the day it was normal to have kids that close in age, My granny had 7 right after another. Now a days I guess it is not so normal.
that's so true! My grandmother had 6 in 7 years (and a m/c in there too if I remember correctly). My mom and uncle are 11 months apart and were in the same grade in school.

I'm so sorry you were treated that way. I agree with the pp, if it was the cashier I would complain to the supervisor!!! If it was just some lady in line, then I would chalk it up to nosey ninnies and just remember that, like you said, she doesn't know you
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
Dean7698
Registered Users
seller

Now those comments are just uncalled for! As far as the comments that cashier made, I would definitely call back and talk to manager/supervisor. There's no reason to be treated in that manner in which you were! Like a pp said you just happened to run into 2 village idiots at once. I know how you feel b/c I got the same looks when I was very pregnant with my middle dd and had to take off my wedding ring. Sorry you had to deal with such jerk mama. to you for having to listen to those comments.
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote