Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #21
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: why can't people mind there own buisness? You do not know me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Willow* View Post

I am even more upset to hear that she brought church up in it. I mean geesh that sort of thing is why people don't go to church anymore, and don't trust God. As a Christian woman myself that approach was not appropriate and her remark was far from Christian (far from Christ like) and very hurtful and judgemental. We are not supposed to embark on winning others by judgment. That woman obviously had issues of her own that spawned her judgement of you. If I wanted to invite you to church I first wouldn't assume you didn't already have one. I would have said something like "your children are beautiful, and you look like your glowing, I know your exhausted, hey I don't know if you already have a church, but if you ever need a break our church has a great nursery with some amazing strong moms like yourself, feel free to drop in if you like, and even though it's just an hour or so, it could give you a breather."

You wouldn't invite someone to a birthday party by first insulting them, why on earth would that woman have thought her small minded, personal, absolutely presumed, brash judgemental viewpoint of you would have even come close to making you feel invited and welcome. Sheesh the proud cruel nature of the human heart never ceases to amaze me.

As far as the cashier goes... I would have had some tactful words for her and her manager.

I am so sorry mama ((hugs))
love what you said willow and I'm there with you.. I feel embarrassed that she gave me a bad name as a Christian.

I've been on WIC before and somehow cashiers always find a way to embarrass you.. I don't know where people come off making a judgment like that??

Advertisement

Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:23 PM   #22
jraejohnson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh mama i am so sorry you should see the wonderful looks i get, lol. i am going to be 26 in june i am expecting #5 all of my children are a 1.5 apart. its always fun to get the looks and comments. i generally never say anything, but in your case i would have had to blurt something out.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #23
klilley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

speechless!!!
wife to my lover and best friend; City girl, in the closet semi-crunchy, First time mama to our PRECIOUS homebirthed baby girl born 03/10. EDD 10/28/11 We babywear, co-sleep, , EC'ng, ...!! Breastmilk Donor

My ISO http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1232959
klilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #24
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow!
MommyMeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:47 PM   #25
penelope picklebottom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh that was so rude. I used to work in a grocery store and unfortunately saw stuff like that happen quite a bit. I always went out of my way to help those mamas with their hands full and lets just say the nasty customers might have gotten their eggs and bread packed on the bottom underneath the canned goods :P I once took my 2 yr old nephew to the store when I was about 17 and had an older lady and her husband stop to lecture me on how I ought to have "kept my legs crossed" I'm not a violent person but sometimes you just wanna smack those people. Whatever happened to "judge not lest ye be judged" ? Something we all need to remember (me too sometimes )
Old 05-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #26
SchatziB
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrymomto3 View Post
and God would forgive me if I asked him.
WHAT?!
That whole situation is garbage but I HATE people like this. It's so stinkin unchristian. Even if you were unmarried and had 25 kids who were all screaming bloody murder God would love every smidgen of you. There would be nothing in that equation that would need "forgiving"
Mightier then thou people suck.

Well here we go again!
SchatziB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #27
blackberry75
Registered Users

Sounds like idiocy was running rampant there I'd call about the comments from the cashier, beyond uncalled for, honestly I don't even have words for how incredibly stupid that was. More , nobody deserves to be treated that way.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #28
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow that is totally uncalled for on that woman's part. I am glad you mentioned the swollen finger thing. I think most women especially towards end can't wear their wedding rings and for most it probably bothers them.
Don't let her get to ya!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #29
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG!!! Call and talk to the manager! That is totally rude!

I got a lot of rude comments when i was 18 and preggo with my DD1. Im sure i will get them again when i am totally noticable.. some people
Old 05-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #30
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

--what a complete fool. I am shocked at what people think they have the right to put out there. She was a very ignorant, arrogant person. Try to put that in perspective. This incident was a reflection of her, not you.