Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
"I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

Anyone watch this show?

I have had it on in the background and I'm sorry - but if you don't use birth control, your periods stopped, you are nauseous, you are tired, and you gained 15lbs - maybe, just MAYBE, you should take a pregnancy test? And, perhaps, when you give birth 9 months later, you shouldn't act like this "comes as a total shock"? Shock would be if she gave birth to a kitten with two heads - this, my friends, is denial.

(Disclaimer: I know people give birth without knowing they were pregnant, this one just seems particularly clueless). Rant over, carry on about your evening.

Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

no worries. i know someone that it took a car accident to find out she was 7 months pregnant. part of the routine tests in the er. haha.

but really most people on there i just don't get it. they have the signs! the symptoms! things the same as other pregnancies for some of them and they still are not getting it through thick skulls.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah some of the stories it is a DUH thing, but I bet there are several people who go through it and do not know they are pregnant.

After I miscarried I did not think I would get pregnant right away, thought it would take months again. I went to the doctors thinking I had the flu....NOPE, I was pregnant. I did find out EARLY on, but only because I have hyperemesis and spend my whole pregnancy on the bathroom floor....
army_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree...there are a few that it's totally legit. There was one where she had PCOS and didn't get AF hardly ever anyway and had no symptoms. That would be me if I wasn't a POAS addict! But yeah, most of them it's just like, um, HELLO!!!!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't know it was on darn. I like to watch it.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
JnS Mama
Registered Users
seller

Kinda related, but my mom didn't find out about me until she was 5 months along.

She went to the doctor with my dad for a 'routine' check up because her periods were always irregular and they wanted to be sure that they would be able to have kids someday. At the end, the doctor was all set to give them some bc pills, but my mom insisted on an exam first. She said the look on the doctors face was priceless. He said: 'Oh, well it looks like you won't need those bc pills or need to worry about your fertility. You are about 5 months along!'

My mom, unlike me, never ever got morning sickness. And even though she was a skinny minnie, didn't show much at that point. She thought she was eating too much junk hence the extra pudge, so no 'huge' weight gains. Apparently they know how to make good cakes in Germany.

Up to that point too she was drinking 2 POTS of coffee a day. I'm amazed she didn't feel me though. 5 months along baby hopped up on 2 pots of coffee a day would definitely be doing gymnastics!

Ami
Old 05-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
masja
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH's niece didn't know she was pregnant until she was 32 weeks. She thought she was just getting fatter and had bad gas....I mean, how can you NOT know? Boggles my mind!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #8
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnS Mama View Post
Kinda related, but my mom didn't find out about me until she was 5 months along.

She went to the doctor with my dad for a 'routine' check up because her periods were always irregular and they wanted to be sure that they would be able to have kids someday. At the end, the doctor was all set to give them some bc pills, but my mom insisted on an exam first. She said the look on the doctors face was priceless. He said: 'Oh, well it looks like you won't need those bc pills or need to worry about your fertility. You are about 5 months along!'

My mom, unlike me, never ever got morning sickness. And even though she was a skinny minnie, didn't show much at that point. She thought she was eating too much junk hence the extra pudge, so no 'huge' weight gains. Apparently they know how to make good cakes in Germany.

Up to that point too she was drinking 2 POTS of coffee a day. I'm amazed she didn't feel me though. 5 months along baby hopped up on 2 pots of coffee a day would definitely be doing gymnastics!

Ami
My mom never had MS with me, but was sick as a dog with my brother. And a die-hard coffee drinker as well...but was like 4 months along when she found out about me!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I didn't know I was pregnant with my 7th loss til I miscarried I was 9-10 weeks along!!!!! And tested 4-5 days before I miscarried, and about once a week before that! Needless to say I sat there in complete shock, shaking. I thought I was but all hpt's were neg. Answer, first repsonse, CBE digital and regular, equate, etc.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #10
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
I didn't know I was pregnant with my 7th loss til I miscarried I was 9-10 weeks along!!!!! And tested 4-5 days before I miscarried, and about once a week before that! Needless to say I sat there in complete shock, shaking. I thought I was but all hpt's were neg. Answer, first repsonse, CBE digital and regular, equate, etc.
That's insane!! I can't even imagine...I've been there where I was "SURE" I was (although in my case I was wrong), so to think of the tests being so inaccurate...wow