Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #11
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

I wouldn't know if I was pregnant if I didn't get nauseous with the next pregnancy. I have no periods at all, I'm too fat to notice a baby belly starting to form. So if I didn't get nauseous.. I wouldn't know. Not at all. I always worry I won't find out until I'm later in my pregnancy because of that.

You have to figure a lot of the women they show are at least medium sized, so with the extra they already have around the middle... they wouldn't actually have a baby belly until late(r) in their pregnancy compared to really thin women.

I never, ever, ever understood that show, until I started birth control. Now I can understand more why people would be clueless that they were pregnant for at least until later in their pregnancy, compared to me knowing a week before my missed period with DS.

That said... I do agree with you.. many of the people they show is "DUH!"

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 07:17 AM   #12
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love that show!! While some of the women I just want to strangle and say "how dumb can you be??" the majority seem legit. And honestly mama, many of them did take pregnancy tests. Some more than once, and some when they were 5+ months along (not that they knew it) and all the tests came back negative. If that happened to me I wouldn't think I was pregnant either.

The ones I really don't get are the ones that are super skinny. They had a couple of women on there that were less than 115lbs wet and they had no clue until they gave birth. I mean one even craved pickles!!! That I just don't understand. Where did the baby go?!?! Was it hiding in her boobs or something? lol

A family member of mine didn't know she was pregnant until she as 7 months. She had a hernia and was over 300lbs. She did have 1 bio child, 1 adopted, and was in the process of adopting a second. My aunt and I think she may have kept the pregnancy a secret on purpose so it wouldn't affect the adoption. But that's our evil siding talking lol. I dono. I just didn't buy the whole story, but to an outsider it would seem legit taking into account her weight and the hernia, etc.

At least they didn't ahve time to worry and get scared about labor!! lol

What I really don't get is how every single baby came out perfect, even with being dropped on their head. I think that's fantastic and very lucky, but what are the chances? Many of them smoked, drank, and did lots of other no-nos. They were all VERY lucky all the babies were healthy.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 AM   #13
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

I can understand irregular periods, no symptoms (I myself have very few, if any, during pregnancies), having pregnancy tests turn up negative repeatedly, and all that jazz. But how do you get to being 9 months pregnant and not figure out that it's something other than gas bubbles in your stomach? Even if you've got a thick anterior placenta, by the time you're nearing the end you've felt at least a few good kicks and punches!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I wouldn't know if I was pregnant if I didn't get nauseous with the next pregnancy. I have no periods at all, I'm too fat to notice a baby belly starting to form. So if I didn't get nauseous.. I wouldn't know. Not at all. I always worry I won't find out until I'm later in my pregnancy because of that.

You have to figure a lot of the women they show are at least medium sized, so with the extra they already have around the middle... they wouldn't actually have a baby belly until late(r) in their pregnancy compared to really thin women.

I never, ever, ever understood that show, until I started birth control. Now I can understand more why people would be clueless that they were pregnant for at least until later in their pregnancy, compared to me knowing a week before my missed period with DS.

That said... I do agree with you.. many of the people they show is "DUH!"
I'm 200lbs and a size 16 and I start to show pretty early - about 12 weeks.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
amygamie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Life is what happens when your too busy making other plans
Deleted post bc being stalked

Last edited by amygamie; 01-28-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: .
amygamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #16
Queen_Celeste
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was in denial with my second. With my first I was throwing up before I missed a period and continues to do so for most of the pregnancy. With my second I hadn't got regular periods back after stopping the pill and I was never nauseus. I thought I had a cold that was just kicking my rear (I took a LOT of naps while the toddler ran amok).

Then the pregnant dreams started. Once I have a dream that I am pregnant, you know its time to test. Yeah, I was 14 weeks along at that point.
Queen_Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #17
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I saw one about a girl who was in a band (I remember the name of the band - Ham Sandwich, it made me LOL) & she was tiny. Like maybe 110 lbs. She drank & smoked through her entire pregnancy, maybe gained 10 lbs, but just chalked it up to touring with her band & not eating right. She went into labor and thought her appendix had burst or something.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Considering I'm trying to get pregnant and keep getting gas bubbles that feel for all the world like baby kicks, I can totally see how some women, especially those who have infrequent irregular periods or were told they were infertile would not know the difference.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #19
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some of them were pretty obvious...wasn't there one where the girl's mom even kept asking her if she was pregnant and she just kept saying she wasn't? Yeah...denial. I can see it if there really are no symptoms & you kept getting negatives for some reason, but I really don't understand how you don't feel or see the baby move ever. With my first, I tested every single week at home with practically every brand of test out there and had two blood tests done at the doctor's office and didn't get a positive until I was almost 13 weeks along...doc wanted to give me something to bring on my period and I insisted we do an ultrasound first because I knew that you don't get the "flu" for over two months He was totally suprised that I actually was pregnant because everything had come up negative. My mom didn't get a single positive pregnancy test EVER while pregnant with my sister (her third baby). She knew she was pregnant, but had to get an ultrasound to prove it. They even ran her blood when she was at the hospital in labor and the lab techs kept coming back upstairs to re-draw her blood because they thought it was getting mixed up with somebody else's because it wasn't showing her being pregnant even though she obviously was. So...I can totally understand the whole "the tests never were positive" aspect of it...but I really really don't understand how you can absolutely never feel anything.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #20
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
I love that show!! While some of the women I just want to strangle and say "how dumb can you be??" the majority seem legit. And honestly mama, many of them did take pregnancy tests. Some more than once, and some when they were 5+ months along (not that they knew it) and all the tests came back negative. If that happened to me I wouldn't think I was pregnant either.

The ones I really don't get are the ones that are super skinny. They had a couple of women on there that were less than 115lbs wet and they had no clue until they gave birth. I mean one even craved pickles!!! That I just don't understand. Where did the baby go?!?! Was it hiding in her boobs or something? lol

A family member of mine didn't know she was pregnant until she as 7 months. She had a hernia and was over 300lbs. She did have 1 bio child, 1 adopted, and was in the process of adopting a second. My aunt and I think she may have kept the pregnancy a secret on purpose so it wouldn't affect the adoption. But that's our evil siding talking lol. I dono. I just didn't buy the whole story, but to an outsider it would seem legit taking into account her weight and the hernia, etc.

At least they didn't ahve time to worry and get scared about labor!! lol

What I really don't get is how every single baby came out perfect, even with being dropped on their head. I think that's fantastic and very lucky, but what are the chances? Many of them smoked, drank, and did lots of other no-nos. They were all VERY lucky all the babies were healthy.
my bff from hs is like this. She is 5 11" and around 110 or so. SUPER skinny but she takes forever to show. SHe is pg with her 3rd right now and just started barely showing at 6 mo.