Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #21
teal
Registered Users

Re: "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

Every time I get gas bubbles now I have to go POAS. The only indicator I had for DS other than missing periods and positive test was fatigue. I didn't have any sickness and only very mild food aversions that I could have chalked up to "not in the mood for that food right now".

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #22
emelia
Registered Users

I always thought that you must be an idiot to not know that you are pregnant. I am one of those people...almost. I was over 4 months before I found out I was pregnant. I had every symptom related to pregnancy, but it never registered. I was told that my PCOS and endometriosis was too advanced for me to have anymore kids... I got pregnant 2 weeks later!! Needless to say, we were all shocked (including my OB) when the test was positive.
emelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #23
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some of them I can understand not knowing some others Im not sure how they didnt figure it out.
I know a girl who had 2 girls and wasnt feeling right one night. She called the ambulance because she got really bad cramps, had her son in the ambulance. Yep she had no idea that she was pg with her 3rd!
Old 05-23-2010, 08:09 PM   #24
loveskitten
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I had not been TTC, I would not have known. Reason being, I had no morning sickness, I LOST weight (only 9 lb gain the entire pregnancy) and my periods are erratic to the tune of 3 a year. So I would have thought nothing of going without one for months on end. Been there, done that.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:53 AM   #25
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I thought this show was crazy, but not so much now after what's happened with my friend. She had her first daughter and the stupid Planned Parenthood people didn't put her on any birth control...they told her nursing was enough. She didn't know any better and continued to nurse. Obviously, she chalked up no period to nursing and the kicks to phantom kicks. She was a big girl to begin with, so she didn't notice the slight weight gain. She found out at almost 8 months pregnant that she was pregnant with a boy. Her daughter wasn't even a year old yet.

And if that isn't bad enough, flash forward to last year. Now she's nursing her 2nd baby AND she has an iud (learned her lesson the first time.) Again, no period because she's nursing. Still a big girl, so no noticeable weight gain and again with the phantom kicks. Plus she has an IUD for pete's sake! But sure enough, she goes to the doctor for a routine physical and her HCG levels are really high so they do an ultrasound. Surprise! She's 7 and a half months pregnant with another girl! So now she's got 3 kids under the age of three and the worst part? Her longtime boyfriend (and father of all 3) left her.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #26
holly6737
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't know....I'm 6.5 months pregnant now and I can see the baby move my stomach when he's all jumping around. I guess anterior placenta, maybe, but still. Gas bubbles? Those would have to be some MAJOR gas bubbles!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #27
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737 View Post
I don't know....I'm 6.5 months pregnant now and I can see the baby move my stomach when he's all jumping around. I guess anterior placenta, maybe, but still. Gas bubbles? Those would have to be some MAJOR gas bubbles!
My dd was not active like that or something. I didn't see her moving til 8mos or so. i was a size 12 when I got pregnant. So not heavy but not skin and bones.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #28
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
I saw one about a girl who was in a band (I remember the name of the band - Ham Sandwich, it made me LOL) & she was tiny. Like maybe 110 lbs. She drank & smoked through her entire pregnancy, maybe gained 10 lbs, but just chalked it up to touring with her band & not eating right. She went into labor and thought her appendix had burst or something.
I saw that one & they showed a pic of her on stage several months pregnant & you could see the shape of a pregnant belly.

For me with my 1st the Drs said I wasn't pregnant, the tests came back neg. but I knew I was and finally at 16 weeks the Dr. did an ultrasound & sure enough I was.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #29
arly1983
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WAY TMI:

I have bad IBS and when its acting up my stomach can bloat up pretty big and MOVE and I can FEEL it and my DH can SEE it.

That being said, I have never not known I was pregnant past 8 weeks.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #30
birdie
Registered Users
seller

I hate when they say "There is no way I am pregnant!" and I am like "If you have sex, yes there is!" Hello do you no know what cause babies.