Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Advertisement

Last edited by mamaktee; 08-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bathtime Q...again :)

My 14 month old has been getting baths in the big tub since she was about 2 or 3 months old She was too big for the little tub we had for her and we don't have room to store a bigger/fancier version. So we used a sponge in the big tub. When she could sit unassisted she sat on the sponge and then as she got better at sitting we removed the sponge altogether. We bought a non-slip mat that suction cups to the bottom to make it less slippery and we did buy a faucet cover just in case she ever bumps her head. She loves bath time!
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
Hailey
Registered Users
seller

For DS I had bought one of those seats that attach to the side of the tub @ 9 months.
DD is now 9 months & getting to be WAY too big for the baby bathtub, but I can't use the bath seat at our new home(tub is too deep, & the walls are too thick )
I still feel she is too small for the big tub, and trying to find one of the bath seats that has suction cups on the bottom are difficult to find since they don't make them anymore(at least in Canada they don't). I am probably just going to deal with her in the baby bath for a month longer, before I switch her to the big one. I can only put like 2 cups of water in the dumb thing, and her feet hang right over the edge, lol.
Hailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was 7 months...didn't buy anything special. I bathed with her alot.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle19 View Post
DD was 7 months...didn't buy anything special. I bathed with her alot.
My tub is just too small for both of us...this would be awesome if it wasn't though b/c sometimes I end up not taking a shower until morning b/c I don't want to chance waking DS after he is asleep with the shower running (it is on the opposite wall of his crib )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey View Post
For DS I had bought one of those seats that attach to the side of the tub @ 9 months.
DD is now 9 months & getting to be WAY too big for the baby bathtub, but I can't use the bath seat at our new home(tub is too deep, & the walls are too thick )
I still feel she is too small for the big tub, and trying to find one of the bath seats that has suction cups on the bottom are difficult to find since they don't make them anymore(at least in Canada they don't). I am probably just going to deal with her in the baby bath for a month longer, before I switch her to the big one. I can only put like 2 cups of water in the dumb thing, and her feet hang right over the edge, lol.
Sounds like you need a bath like the one I use now...I wish I could remember the brand

It works really well for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassu View Post
My 14 month old has been getting baths in the big tub since she was about 2 or 3 months old She was too big for the little tub we had for her and we don't have room to store a bigger/fancier version. So we used a sponge in the big tub. When she could sit unassisted she sat on the sponge and then as she got better at sitting we removed the sponge altogether. We bought a non-slip mat that suction cups to the bottom to make it less slippery and we did buy a faucet cover just in case she ever bumps her head. She loves bath time!
DS loves bathtime too! We always have an awesome time and it just keeps getting better the older he gets. He has a ton of cute moments in the tub Since you changed so early on I wanted to ask you...did you ever have problems with her trying to crawl through the water? Me and my mom got a room one w/e visiting my brother and of course I didn't haul around his huge baby bath so in the big bath he went and did awesome. But it freaked me out when he started trying to crawl around...he crawls really well, but I am so scared he will slide and end up face first in the water
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Sassu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaktee View Post

DS loves bathtime too! We always have an awesome time and it just keeps getting better the older he gets. He has a ton of cute moments in the tub Since you changed so early on I wanted to ask you...did you ever have problems with her trying to crawl through the water? Me and my mom got a room one w/e visiting my brother and of course I didn't haul around his huge baby bath so in the big bath he went and did awesome. But it freaked me out when he started trying to crawl around...he crawls really well, but I am so scared he will slide and end up face first in the water
Aren't they cute in the bath?? Once she got more mobile she did start crawling/wiggling around. But I found that the non-slip mat helped a lot. If she got too adventurous I would take her and put her bottom back on the mat and tell her that we sit when we're in the bath. That works but she's still learning so I have to do it over and over....and over Unfortunately she has dunked herself a couple of times but I just grabbed her right back up. She just sputtered a bit and went right back to playing! She definitely wiggled/crawled less for the remainder of the bath...lesson learned (temporarily anyway!)
Sassu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
BlueLily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS sat in a bath seat in the big tub starting when he could sit up until he was 11mo or so. I stopped using the seat when he no longer wanted to sit in it. He was trying to stand up and get out of it. He probably didn't need the bath seat for so long but it made it a little easier for me. Now he just sits in the big bathtub by himself (started around 11 months).
BlueLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #8
BlueLily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey View Post
This is the one I have:
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&sku=15003227

I don't know what stores you have available in Cananda but there are many places that sell this one online. Do a google on "Aquababy Bath Seat" or "Aquababy Bath Ring". HTH you find one. I don't think it is made in the US either... I think this one is made in France.
BlueLily is offline   Reply With Quote