Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 AM   #21
aprilmadison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O When did you switch your LO(s) from crib to toddler bed?

Mine were about 1 1/2 years old when I moved them to beds. They kept climbing out of their cribs and it became dangerous. It took MONTHS to get them to stay in their beds at night. That was exhausting.

Advertisement

aprilmadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #22
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We put DD in a toddler bed at 23 months. We would have done it earlier (like 19/20 months) but we had a big vacation coming up and needed her to sleep in a pack-n-play during that and we didn't want to have issues going from a toddler bed BACK to a pnp. So we waited. She did fine. To this day she still won't get out of bed without us being in there. She just calls out to tell us she is awake. Very easy transition for us.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:46 AM   #23
giggles0401
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We switched DS#1 at 19 months cause DD#1 was going to need it. Then DD#1 was 2 when she made the switch. DD#2 was 15 months and only because she knew how to climb out grrrrr. DS#2 is only 4 months so still using crib.

For all of them we tried to have them involved in picking out their new bed and tried to keep them excited about the change without making it too much of a big deal.

April
giggles0401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:08 AM   #24
Gitrecca
Registered Users

Yeah, we just made the switch. My son just turned two, and I think he moved to a twin mattress on the floor a couple weeks after his birthday. I put it there so that I could lie on it when we had issues in the night, and from the moment he saw it, he hasn't slept in his crib since. It works well for us. Bummer that you have bug issues!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #25
goldenleo816
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I changed DD#1's crib to a toddler bed when she was 17 mths. For a very long time she wouldnt get out of bed without me coming to get her. About 6 months ago she moved into a open toddler bed (DD#2 took the crib) and that was when she decided she could get out of the bed by herself. For about three weeks she wouldnt stay in bed at night and then all of a sudden it stopped and now she only gets out of bed and comes to my room when she wakes up.

HTH's
Nichol ~ MOM to Eden Ariela 10/07 and Esme Jaid 7/09, BONUS MOM to Jada 3/08 and now we welcomed a BOY to the family Samuel Rex 6/14/12 Take a look at whats new in "EDENS CLOSET" ***Use code AFL550 to save $5 off $50 at DIAPERJUNCTION **
goldenleo816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #26
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
lol, my son is 3.5 yrs old and still in a crib. he is very comfy and the side rail is down and could climb out if he wants, but he doesnt. we are gonna go into his big boy bed this summer when i am on mat.leave from work.
Thank goodness I read this. I was feeling badly for my DD who is 2.5 and still in her crib! She loves her crib. I know she can get in and out, because I have seen her crib filled with toys and she's very happily sitting in there playing with them. And I did not put the toys in there So, she will go to a twin bed, eventually.

DS went to a toddler bed, that we borrowed from my SIL because they didn't have room to store it, when he was 17 months. He wouldn't stay in the crib. He hated the crib, and we were going to need it for DD in a few months anyhow. We got him a twin bed a few months later, and he's been there ever since. He's never fallen off of his twin bed, but he did manage to fall off of the toddler bed a few times
Tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #27
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: **added reply**S/O When did you switch your LO(s) from crib to toddler bed?

I'll probably switch out on the younger side, but 9 months is way to young and change the crib to a toddler bed (we have a small room). My son is 8 months and just starting to pull up on the crib - he likes the crib so its a non-issue but our attitude is you will be sleeping in your crib at night - he'll nap with one of us sometimes, in my husband's chair, but we don't do it regularly.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #28
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I'll probably switch out on the younger side, but 9 months is way to young and change the crib to a toddler bed (we have a small room). My son is 8 months and just starting to pull up on the crib - he likes the crib so its a non-issue but our attitude is you will be sleeping in your crib at night - he'll nap with one of us sometimes, in my husband's chair, but we don't do it regularly.
Yea...DH says that I have ruined him by going to get him when he wakes in his crib and letting him sleep with us until morning I didn't mean to, but it is just so much easier for me to get sleep when I give in
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #29
Tiffany M.
Registered Users
seller

I had the same problem with my oldest and it took 2 very long nights of making her stay in her crib and me sitting next to her rubbing her back, playing with her hair, and holding her hand. She was up every hour or 2 all day and night wanting to nurse, I had to rock her to sleep everytime and finially at 11 months I told myself enough was enough. So, I put her in her crib made a pallet on the floor next to her and every time she would wake up I'd just do whatever I could to help her go back to sleep w/out taking her out of her bed. By that second night she had finially slept her first 5 hours in a row, woke up and I did the same as day one... and after that she was sleeping from 8 pm to 5 am! That lasted a few weeks and then it was done, she would stay asleep for her full 12 hours. It was rough but I was there the whole time, I couldnt bring myself to just let her cry it out without comforting her.
Tiffany M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #30
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany M. View Post
I had the same problem with my oldest and it took 2 very long nights of making her stay in her crib and me sitting next to her rubbing her back, playing with her hair, and holding her hand. She was up every hour or 2 all day and night wanting to nurse, I had to rock her to sleep everytime and finially at 11 months I told myself enough was enough. So, I put her in her crib made a pallet on the floor next to her and every time she would wake up I'd just do whatever I could to help her go back to sleep w/out taking her out of her bed. By that second night she had finially slept her first 5 hours in a row, woke up and I did the same as day one... and after that she was sleeping from 8 pm to 5 am! That lasted a few weeks and then it was done, she would stay asleep for her full 12 hours. It was rough but I was there the whole time, I couldnt bring myself to just let her cry it out without comforting her.
I agree! DH talked me into CIO when DS was around 4mths maybe a little older...most people say "eh give him 10-15 min. and he will be asleep" well 15 min. went by and he was screaming still and then threw up . Not to mention the entire time he was crying I was laying in my bed crying...it was horrible and I will NEVER do it again...no matter what. I wish I had the energy to do something other than just going to get him at night, but I just want to get **some** sleep before work
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote