Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Terrible Mothers day!

Wow... On Father's day, I'd have some special plans for myself.

He probably wouldn't even get a card or a "Happy Father's day" from me.

ORRRRR...... (but, it wouldn't be very sincere)

I'd go way overboard on Father's day. Gifts, cards, a special breakfast, sex.... I'd completely overdo it, and maybe at least he'd feel like a heel.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #12
forever_loved25
Registered Users

My plan is, get him something nice, be nice, blah, blah but one thing he told me "it's mothers day, youre supposed to be spending time with the kid."

I'm waking him up early, and telling him that since it's fathers day he needs to get up and spend time with Rohan. i'm not going to be mean or hateful, but he is going to see how I felt.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dude, he's being a jerk. My husband WOULD NOT say things like that to me, but if he did there would be heck to pay!!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
pieceofjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggymiamore View Post
I'm sorry but I NEED to know why you're TRYING to make more babies with a man who doesn't seem to respect or appreciate the things you to for the child you already have together...
This so much. Maybe you should re-evaluate things for a while...

pieceofjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #15
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=escapethevillage;10218133]Wow... On Father's day, I'd have some special plans for myself.

He probably wouldn't even get a card or a "Happy Father's day" from me.

ORRRRR...... (but, it wouldn't be very sincere)

I'd go way overboard on Father's day. Gifts, cards, a special breakfast, sex.... I'd completely overdo it, and maybe at least he'd feel like a heel.[QUOTE]

I dunno...I wouldn't count on it. He might not make the connection to "Gee, I treated her like crap on Mother's Day & she's doing this to make me feel guilty." He would probably just think "I'm awesome & sexy & she can't keep her hands off of me! Whatever I'm doing, it's working!"

At least, my DH doesn't take hints like that.

Last edited by Celeste; 05-10-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 PM   #16
penelope picklebottom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so sorry to hear you had such a bad day. BTW my DH says the "you're not my mom so I don't have to do anything" excuse is lame and he should "man up" Hope things get better for you. I say just ignore fathers day all together, after all, he's not your dad
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #17
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

At the least part of being a parent is until they are old enough you do things for them. Next year tell him that your little guy really wants to make you breakfast in bed and get you chocolate and that he as the dad will have to help him since he is too young to do it by himself!
Old 05-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #18
penelope picklebottom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggymiamore View Post
I'm sorry but I NEED to know why you're TRYING to make more babies with a man who doesn't seem to respect or appreciate the things you to for the child you already have together...
And this, I'm not trying to pick a fight but probably not the nicest or most supportive thing to say to someone who just had her feelings hurt like this. It certainly could be an isolated incident or even a rough patch but being as we don't know the background..... Questioning someones choices like that is kind of like kicking them while they are down. Maybe I am way out of line and I certainly don't mean to offend but had someone said that to me I would have been hurt. Just my
Old 05-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
zionnecherub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_loved25 View Post
He's only recently started acting this way. He normally is a very sweet man.Actually, it's been since I lost my my job.
Wow, I know EXACTLY how you feel. My "d"h turned into an alpha male when I quit my job 4 years ago. I get the "Im the one who makes the money" crapola when he gets mad about things. I also just got a load of grief for mothers day. He was just pissy all day about his car troubles, and then went to band practice in the evening. I have come to despise holidays You get the expectations about how things should be and how you should be treated, and it always seems to go bad for me. Im sorry mama, just know you are not alone
Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #20
forever_loved25
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope picklebottom View Post
And this, I'm not trying to pick a fight but probably not the nicest or most supportive thing to say to someone who just had her feelings hurt like this. It certainly could be an isolated incident or even a rough patch but being as we don't know the background..... Questioning someones choices like that is kind of like kicking them while they are down. Maybe I am way out of line and I certainly don't mean to offend but had someone said that to me I would have been hurt. Just my
Thank you! I was offended by what she said, and just because my DH was a jerk one day, doesn't mean he is a horrible guy.He really isn't. I am wondering if he feels guilty because we didn't do anything for his mom, who hasn't spoken to us since christmas, and she wouldn't have even spoken to us then had we not been the bigger person.

I really don't think him forgetting/not doing anything for me for mothers day means, I shouldn't continue to have children with him. He works really hard all week, and yes he probably was tired. But still, thanks for sticking up for me.