Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
xmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Where would birdseye be in Joann's?

I thought I read in a previous thread that someone has purchased birdseye at Joann's before (specifically remember them saying that with the 50% off coupon they thought it was like $20 for a bolt). I went there today and they didn't even know what I was talking about. This really means nothing b/c they had no idea what PUL was until it came in, and they've only sold a little bit of one color so not the biggest audience for non-traditional fabrics. I checked the utility fabrics area where the PUL, lastic sheeting, etc was andf nothing. Now I'm thinking maybe by the terrycloth but didn't want to wake the baby to go back to the store. HAs anyone purchased it there? Where was it? How much? Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
strawberryred
Registered Users

Re: Where would birdseye be in Joann's?

I have seen it in the utility fabric section. It's not called Birdseye though. I asked and the gal at mine said, "Diaper fabric?" I had walked right by it not even noticing it. It was on a smaller bolt, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called.

OK, I just tried looking online and found this: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...DID=xprd986471 I'm pretty sure that's it. So they must call it diaper cloth.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #3
xmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! Maybe I will call tomorrow and check if they have that.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Riley&EricsMom
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's called Diaper fabric or cloth and it's in the "household" utility fabric(?!?!). In my local store the terrycloth is one one side of the shelf and the "household" utility stuff is on the other. It's with the ironing board batting, rubberized cloths, etc.

Scrapbook? I'm a Close To My Heart Consultant! Check out my website
Riley&EricsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Wow, $20 a bolt! When I was checking into it to make some diapers, I determined that it would be cheaper to buy LL flats and use those as fabric. I ended up using towels I got on clearance at Target. The Joann's website has it listed now for $5/yd, 36" wide.
booth2490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
xmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by booth2490 View Post
Wow, $20 a bolt! When I was checking into it to make some diapers, I determined that it would be cheaper to buy LL flats and use those as fabric. I ended up using towels I got on clearance at Target. The Joann's website has it listed now for $5/yd, 36" wide.
I think it was awhile ago that they got it, plus I don't know how big the bolt is. I think there are some things that're only like 10 yrds so then half off $5 a yard would be $25. It looks like terry and flannel are close in price $5 and $6 yd and wider so maybe I'm better off with one of those for wipes and unpaper towels.