Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #21
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recipe Share: Corndog Muffins!

I will so have to try these! My oldest DD loves to help cook, these would be easy for us to make...

Advertisement

And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

she could put the hotdogs in..lol My LO liked putting them in..lol
Wife to Joey, 1-12-07 Mother to six , Britney 10/13/00, Jared 05/27/03, Hunter 05/10/04, Kimbery 10/26/06,Kole 09/05/08, Alaina 03/20/12 I CD of corse..:P, co-sleep, BFing,non-circumcising, baby wearing, pretty crunchy..:P Fan Page Come "like" Me.. My IHA/ISO I LOVE to trade.. Blog post of some stuff I can make you!..:P
Sherrie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #23
specialdelivery
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just made a batch of these today. Delish!!!! I'm kicking myself for not having enough ingredients to make a double batch. DD gobbled two of them up in a matter of seconds for lunch today. Mine didn't look as good as yours, but boy did they taste yummy. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing the recipe.
Mama to Ria 5/08, Wyatt 10/14/11 and expecting #3 in April.
specialdelivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:43 PM   #24
Manna00
Pinchin' pennies 'til they scream
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Sure! I'm glad you liked them
Manna00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #25
JnS Mama
Registered Users
seller

Just made these.

A few tips, if using a regular muffin pan--wait till they are almost completely cool before trying to take them out! My first couple were crumbly disasters. With the extra cooling, they are perfect.

Also, I don't know if it's my muffin pan, but I could only make 12 with the batter?

Taste wise, they are YUM!!! Definitely will be making these again! Thanks! You filled a pregnant mama's junk food craving as healthily as possible. Now, if only I had used those expensive natural, nitrate free hot dogs, they might be able to pass as healthfood, no?

Ami
Old 05-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #26
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If i got mine out right when they were done ( because i needed my pans..lol as i made sevral dozen..:P) they were fine, but if i wanted a little longer they crumbled, but if i let them cool they were ok, but i left my last dz sitting out because i dind't need to get them out right away to use the pan, and i let them cool ALL the way and the bottems stuck to the pan.lol so i guess it is a guessing game..LOL

I made 12 per batch also, or 4dz mini ones with one batch

They are yummy me and my LO had them twice this week for lunch, i froze all the ones i made the other day..:P
Wife to Joey, 1-12-07 Mother to six , Britney 10/13/00, Jared 05/27/03, Hunter 05/10/04, Kimbery 10/26/06,Kole 09/05/08, Alaina 03/20/12 I CD of corse..:P, co-sleep, BFing,non-circumcising, baby wearing, pretty crunchy..:P Fan Page Come "like" Me.. My IHA/ISO I LOVE to trade.. Blog post of some stuff I can make you!..:P
Sherrie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #27
Manna00
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnS Mama View Post
Just made these.

A few tips, if using a regular muffin pan--wait till they are almost completely cool before trying to take them out! My first couple were crumbly disasters. With the extra cooling, they are perfect.

Also, I don't know if it's my muffin pan, but I could only make 12 with the batter?

Taste wise, they are YUM!!! Definitely will be making these again! Thanks! You filled a pregnant mama's junk food craving as healthily as possible. Now, if only I had used those expensive natural, nitrate free hot dogs, they might be able to pass as healthfood, no?

Ami
I use a muffin pan from Ikea... so maybe it's smaller? I went back and changed the amount that most people are getting: 12.

And I always find that thing true with muffins (especially cornbread) I have to wait for it to cool for a little while or they just turn into a big crumbly mess.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #28
JnS Mama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manna00 View Post
I use a muffin pan from Ikea... so maybe it's smaller? I went back and changed the amount that most people are getting: 12.

And I always find that thing true with muffins (especially cornbread) I have to wait for it to cool for a little while or they just turn into a big crumbly mess.
Thanks for letting me know that. I usually make a cake-ish thing rather than muffins, so I'm not well versed in muffin making. I always manage to get batter everywhere when making muffins.

Oh, I forgot to add--I used almond milk instead of regular milk, worked really well. No one could tell, not even the hardcore milk drinkers. So this could totally me made dairy free with no change in texture/taste.

Ami
Old 05-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #29
Manna00
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

That's great to know about almond milk!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #30
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids loved these, especially my 2 year-old, who thought it was absolutely heaven to have hot dog "cupcakes" for dinner!
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote