Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #1
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Share your best chicken crock pot/slow cooker recipe!

I just got a new slow cooker for mothers day and I need recipes for chicken to use for it. We buy free range chickens so most of the time they are whole birds or cut up whole chicken, we don't buy boneless skinless chicken.

Thanks so much!

Advertisement

vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
crystalanne79
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Share your best chicken crock pot/slow cooker recipe!

if you're looking for simple then i just toss in a whole chicken, sprinkle on some seasoning salt and garlic and cook on low all day. So good!

crystalanne79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
HLCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: diapermamaagain
seller

My Mood:

There's a recipe that has been floating around here for years. It's under the $5 thread...I can't remember what it is called! But it's a staple in our home. You put in a few chicken breasts (we like to use a small container of chicken fillets), dump 2 jars of salsa (we like medium), a can of corn, a can of black beans. We like to put ours on low and cook for 8 hours. In the last hour shred your chicken and add a brick of cream cheese. While that cooks you make rice on the stove top.
I like to eat it over the rice with a spoon, DH likes to eat it with tortilla chips with a little bit of rice. And the kids like it mixed with the rice and served in a tortilla wrap. So yummy!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

that sounds yummy! let me dig around a bit and see what i find! i'll try to come back and post them!!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
starbuckmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLCreations View Post
There's a recipe that has been floating around here for years. It's under the $5 thread...I can't remember what it is called! But it's a staple in our home. You put in a few chicken breasts (we like to use a small container of chicken fillets), dump 2 jars of salsa (we like medium), a can of corn, a can of black beans. We like to put ours on low and cook for 8 hours. In the last hour shred your chicken and add a brick of cream cheese. While that cooks you make rice on the stove top.
I like to eat it over the rice with a spoon, DH likes to eat it with tortilla chips with a little bit of rice. And the kids like it mixed with the rice and served in a tortilla wrap. So yummy!
Azteca Chicken, I believe and yes, it is yummy! I love eating it with tortilla chips too

I think I may just add that to my menu this week

Here is my recipe for Rotisserie Chicken in the crockpot:

Crockpot Roasted Chicken

Ingredients:

1 roasting chicken, thawed (mine was frozen solid, so I cooked it on high for 8 hours)
4 tsp. salt (I will use 3 tsp. next time. I thought it was a tad salty, but no one else did.)
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Directions:

Clean chicken and pat dry. Combine spices in a bowl and rub all over chicken, both inside and outside. Spray crockpot with Pam. Place chicken in crockpot and start on high, then reduce to low and cook for 8 hours.

Here is a book that I got from our library of recipes to use once you have a Rotisserie chicken!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786888040/ref=nosim/chrisficti-20
starbuckmom is offline   Reply With Quote