Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
meagank24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
induction?

I am thinking about natural inductions methods for in a few weeks and need some good info or websites
How does evening primerose oil work? How much and how often?
also any other methods?

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
RochelleS
Registered Users
Formerly: shae
seller

My Mood:
Re: induction?

Evening Primrose Oil isn't necessarily an induction method. It helps ripen and soften the cervix.

This should help: http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/....html#Ripening

Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

agree with above
I am currently taking epo gel tabs. I take one orally and one vaginally, 2-3 times per day. Mine are 1000 mg caps. This is what my CNM told me to do to help my cervix get with the program. I am 39+ weeks and have been taking them like this since last week, before that only orally. So basically I have doubled my dose.

My CNM today told me to have $ex with hubby as there are TONS of prostaglandins (sp?) in semen. He was thrilled (in with me for the convo) and I just rolled my eyes. lol She gets that reaction a lot, she said.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
2boysmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I honestly don't know of anything that works or is proven to work. Some people will swear by certain things, but bottom line if baby isn't ready.... it ain't gonna happen. Take it from a mama who had babies at 13 days, 8 days, and 19 days past "due date"

Last edited by 2boysmommy; 05-11-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: .
2boysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullabal98 View Post
My CNM today told me to have $ex with hubby as there are TONS of prostaglandins (sp?) in semen. He was thrilled (in with me for the convo) and I just rolled my eyes. lol She gets that reaction a lot, she said.
lol, my DH was also excited about the idea lol! So far, only once, as the next day my hips hurt (although the experience was not bad and nice as we hadn't in a while)
Old 05-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #6
savvytrav
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im 43 weeks, opposed to induction unless medically indicated, and have been taking evening primrose oil the past 2 weeks to help soften the cervix. they are 500 mg softgels, and i daily take 2-3 orally + 1 inserted right before bed (so no leaking).

ISO: boys NON-sports/vehicle/character 3/4t underwear; toddler ruskovilla/engel/smartwool; cirque du soleil dvds http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/savvytrav
savvytrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
ClothMama1008
Registered Users
Formerly: An**ath
seller

I think sex is the most common recommendation. So people recommend spicy food, lots of walks, or bumpy car rides. I agree with the comment that the baby won't come until it's ready though!
ClothMama1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nothing has worked with us, I even resorted BACK to castor oil after promising to never so it again just to prevent having to be medically induced......
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
flame_chick
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctj101502 View Post
Nothing has worked with us, I even resorted BACK to castor oil after promising to never so it again just to prevent having to be medically induced......
I think that the primrose is a good way to start seeing how far along you are. though if you go over due, and want to know about castor oil-
Ive had sucess with castor oil 2 out of 3 pregnancies... the 3rd time I used it, nothing happened except loose stools! I even took more than what was recommended over 2 days, and nothing. that stuff is so hard to take, its yucky!!
I couldnt believe it didnt work, since it had worked so well the 2 times I used it before. with the 1st 2 times I had loose stools, but also started regular contractions. I think I will hold off on that even longer this time, and only use it as a last last resort as I am with a midwife and homebirthing this time. I only took it before , for hospital births to avoid medical inductions
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

Trying for a VBAC and OB says he doesn't want me to go past 41 weeks. I'll go to 42 but am super worried this won't happen on my own.

I drink 3 cups of RRL tea each day and take 2 caps of 1000 mg EPO daily plus one vaginally at night.

My OB and an L&D nurse I know both recommended sex. I've heard nipple stimulation can help too but haven't looked into it.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote