Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 PM   #21
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does amber teething jewelry really work?

I cannot say for certain that it works but I can say that Tharen has had his since he was 4months old and we never knew he was teething except that he would drool more. He never got fussy with teething. That may just be the way he is though. Kearnan was a fussy teether, I didn't know about amber with him. He has a necklace now that he has been wearing for about 4 years. He did not get fussy with his later molars and he has never had growing pains like many little boys have. If nothing else they are pretty. Kearnan's is from Three Sisters I believe, I bought it second hand. Tharen's is from Inspired by Finn and is the four color round beads.

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #22
misidawnrn
Registered Users
seller

I don't think it helped with DD who got 5 teeth a week after turning 1. She was MISERABLE!!!! But I get tons of comments on how cute it is on her.
misidawnrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #23
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallBabies View Post
I didn't find it to work at all. Personally, I think the teething experience just depends on the individual; my twins had no issues teething, but my youngest gets really bothered (he's the one I got the necklace for; it made no difference.)

That being said, I love the way they look, so to me it was worth buying for a cool looking boy necklace. Unfortunately, he hates having it on (he doesn't like socks, hats, etc. either, though.)

I say if you like the look, its worth getting. Maybe it'll help, but if it doesn't, it still looks good!
Basically this for us too.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #24
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Absolutely. My neck/shoulder pain is greatly alleviated with my necklace and my wrist pain is alleviated with a bracelet. My three children wear necklaces for their assorted symptoms and greatly benefit. Get them from Baltic Creations, she designs them to be practically unbreakable plus she's just the BEST! We have not used them for teething, we didn't know about it then but nobody had trouble teething. We just have all kinds of other symptoms and nature's goodness really does help.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #25
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

I wish I could test it out right now but unfortunately we seem to have lost DS's anklet that we just got abt 2 weeks ago!!! It was very cute (from Baltic Creations), but we only had it a couple of weeks before it just went missing. Of course now I think he's getting ready to cut his first tooth and we could actually use it and see if it helped. Oh well, maybe it will turn up soon (even though I have ransacked the house searching for it already).
Old 05-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

Alright, I'm convinced- I just ordered one!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #27
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Honestly, I didn't see any difference and neither have the 3 women I know irl who had them on their kids. But it does look cute.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:40 AM   #28
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

I really hope they work. I just ordered one, so we'll see. My daughter's teething and I want to avoid giving her painkillers if I can help it.
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #29
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalazimbala View Post
I wish I could test it out right now but unfortunately we seem to have lost DS's anklet that we just got abt 2 weeks ago!!! It was very cute (from Baltic Creations), but we only had it a couple of weeks before it just went missing. Of course now I think he's getting ready to cut his first tooth and we could actually use it and see if it helped. Oh well, maybe it will turn up soon (even though I have ransacked the house searching for it already).

If you use a changing table check around there also check under the crib if your baby sleeps in one or under the bed if you co-sleep. You would be shocked how many mamas have told me they lost them then found them there. It's caused usually by having them on too loose hope ya find it soon.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #30
autumnstar
Registered Users
Formerly: staciestarsage
seller

My Mood:

So, I saw this thread yesterday...my 9 month old is teething, and it's been awful. She's so grumpy...so i got out her amber and put it on...a couple hours later..viola...all better!!!!