Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: teachers losing it?!

wow
regardless of how students act is NO NO excuse for a Teacher to be rude/disrespectful,hurtful to a student

as far as kids being rude in class of course it does happen but we also have to remember the school system teaches to the tests these days. My dd studies for test after test and thats all they do. They also cut recess time in half(shes in 4th grade 10 years old). They get BORED!!(my dd has never been in trouble but I hear of other students)Only the students that qualify for scope(advanced) get to do actual fun stuff and science experiments that every kid should be doing. I just can't believe this turned into all about parents/children. We are talking about children here and the adults we entrust our kids to 7+ hours a day ought to be more mature/respectful/fun/loving than those teachers and lots others comments and actions.

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 07:49 AM   #22
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Teachers are human and fallible, just like parents. Period.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
Circe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spottycat View Post
Glad I'm hs'ing!
I'm glad you are too if that is what works for your family, but I fail to see the relevance in your statement to this conversation.

Circe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #24
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

a friend of mines mom was a teacher at a city school I dont remember what grade it was but she ended up in the hospital after 2 of the boys beat her to unconsciousness. I dont think its the teachers fault that they are miserable there under paid and have to deal with very very bad children.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #25
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think a small rsponsibility falls on the teachers to be diplomatic. I know their jobs are hard, they always have been and are getting harder. I agree with all the PPs about parent responsibility as well. But nowadays with FB, everyone needs to be more careful of what they post. I wouldn't want to hire a teacher who goes home and posts/blogs/complains about terrible students. As a parent I wouldn't want to read on my child's teacher's page about how unruly they are. There's a line between posting 'what a stressful day! Had some rough times but tomorrow will be better!' And an unprofessional 'ugh these kids are really getting to me and frustrating me and acting like terrors.' Or whatever teachers might say .
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote