Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:
Unique gifts for a 2 year old boy, who has everything already.

Ok so I posted this in off topic, but I'm still having problems figuring out what to get DS #2 for his 2nd birthday.

Basically we have everything we can think of, so I'm trying for unique things. Remember we have an older brother who is 3 so anything DS #1 has we don't really need doubles of. We want DS #2 to feel special having different things.

I so far ordered him a Bilibo, and the game box thing to go with it. And got him a kelidoscope. I try to get him wooden toys and different kinds of things that help with imagination and learning

Any other suggestions, for unique ideas..

Advertisement

TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
sjmj
Registered Users

Re: Unique gifts for a 2 year old boy, who has everything already.

We always take our kids on a special trip (we love the gift of experiences). Our DS loves the ocean, so he often goes to an aquarium. Perhaps even a trip to The Monkey Treehouse (if it was not taken out by flooding), which is near you.
sjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Special rocking toy? I bought DS a rocking boat (trolled Craigslist for ages) because he loves all things aquatic. Were I to have another, I'd probably get them their own, unique toy. I love this, though it's too pricey for me:

train

I also have a bunch of friends who are handy with a power tool, so I might hire them to make something like these:
camel

plane
Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
TNEarthMama
Registered Users
Formerly: taranbabyjayden
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmj View Post
We always take our kids on a special trip (we love the gift of experiences). Our DS loves the ocean, so he often goes to an aquarium. Perhaps even a trip to The Monkey Treehouse (if it was not taken out by flooding), which is near you.
Yah I was thinking a trip, but I'm not sure where to... We are doing a huge party here, and since his brother always gets tons of gifts, I kinda felt like we need to do him this, cause he feels jipped so often...

Monkey Tree house is still there, we just went the other day LOL.. It's a every other week trip for us LOL..
TNEarthMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
jlgrid
Registered Users

He might not be old enough - every child is different, but what about build a bear - let him choose and make his own.
I did it with both of my nephews - though they were a little older. They loved it and still sleep with their monkeys and tell me about them.

And they definitely personalize them - one has a roar and one has a giggle - (their mom has vowed revenge )
And one of my nephews was like monkeys dont wear clothes and to this day - about 2.5 yrs later still insists that his monkey only wears a hard hat and his shoes and roller skates - where his brother was all about dressing it and had it decked out. They both still sleep with them every night and love them.

When I worked there we had 2 yr olds come in who totally got it and were excited - but we also had 2 yr olds who didnt.....so would just depend if you think it would be a special experience for him and if he would get it.
jlgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about a really unique and whimsical piece of art? Something really cool that you could hang on his wall and he could admire for years to come. Etsy has some amazing artists that gear their work towards children.
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #7
balrog92
Registered Users

I've used Extrafilm in the past. They offer unique and individual gift ideas which can be personalized with your own photos.
balrog92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
Dean7698
Registered Users
seller

If you're looking for wooden toys, try the melissa&doug brand. They make some really cute and adorable toys.
Sarah Wife to Patrick,Mama to DD #1 12/14/2001,DD #2 08/04/2003,DD #3 12/28/2008, and DD #4 October 10,2010
Dean7698 is offline   Reply With Quote