Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Am I being too nice??

Thanks everyone Wow you all gave some really good advice. We spoke about it over dinner and I still haven't made up my mind.

In a way I'm glad I got to deal with this and hope this is the only time she EVER commits this or any other criminal offense that later in adult years can lead her to really have to deal with someone like my dh because although she is a minor the police station really did nothing. The officer said somewhere along the lines that they don't punish minors but that they have that program for second chances, I guess he was referring to the community serv. She will do whatever they ask of her and if that means paying the money back then thats what it is. But I also wish they would have scared her more like held her longer stuck her in a jail cell but unfortunately not. I was surprised but then knew I needed to be extra harsh on her. I never set a "time" for her punishment all I told her was until I see that she's learned from it.
I just hope that when I decide that she knows that that type of behavior will not be tolerated I'm not going to get the bad parent look from you know who really has no right to say anything when he's washed his hands from having to deal with any raising of his dd. Thanks all so much. And if anybody else has more advice please do tell, this really helps .

Hi :wave2: I'm Rosie wife to Mark and mother of 5 humonoids..Janessa('93) Isaiah('97) Reanna('99) Mylee('06) and Shawn('08)
mom2jirms is offline   Reply With Quote