Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
Barbarap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
TMI - Hemorroids

I'm 35w4d pregnant with DS #2 and JUST got a hemorrhoid. I mean really. And it wasn't even from being constipated. It appeared after throwing up from a stomach virus!

Any thoughts and suggestions on how to get rid of it????? It's not necessarily bothersome, but weird and Ugh...I haven't told DH and feel this hinders sex from here on out.

Suggestions on getting rid of it????

Advertisement

Barbarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TMI - Hemorroids

Warm bath w/Epsom salt (which also helps swelling/aches). The tucks wipes work well...or you could just apply witch hazel. And there are also the creams...SS mama I had them throughout my PG'y and it was horrible. I hope you get relief soon
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
maymommy10
Registered Users
seller

I am 39 weeks today and just developed the most awful hemorrhoids in the last week. I told my OB and she said at this point, the only thing that will actually make them go away is delivery because they happen due to pressure that the baby is putting on the veins down there. But I had tried quite a few things to feel more comfortable including Prep H, witch hazel and baths with Epsom Salts and none of them really worked. My OB prescribed a cream and it has worked wonders to relieve the discomfort. Even if they did not happen from being constipated, you might still want to take a stool softener like Colace if you are straining at all, as the straining will make it worse. If you're not finding relief from OTC meds, definitely ask your OB or midwife.
maymommy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
Carey-Anne
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have had an issue with them since first DD. Of course they are worse when pregnant or as pp mentioned, straining. I have tried OTC and prescription ointments, creams etc, but nothing has really helped...all they do really do kind of push it back in anyway. I do not find them painful, just annoying. I hope this does not sound gross but what I usually try to do is use some toilet paper and push it back in. It will pop back out sometimes but I find that works best for me. Laying as well will take off some of the strain and pressure from baby and provide some relief too.

I am also a WAHM who sells Avon and Regal gifts. Please e-mail me for a catalogue or website catalogue link

Last edited by Carey-Anne; 05-14-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Carey-Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

TMI, but I've also had them since my pg w/ my first DS. It does help if you can push them back in. That said, I had a bad one just a few days before I gave birth...it would not go back, and was so swollen I could hardly sit. I took baths twice a day, and put ice on it when I had to sit. Prep H did nothing....the only cream that helped was prescription Proctosol(hydrocortisone)...they gave me this at the hospital.

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

double post

His body, his choice.

Last edited by burnsis; 05-14-2010 at 10:20 AM.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
BeccaD777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had them after my last baby and the only thing that helped was Tucks pads. I would use them to push it back in and it really helped. I hope yours goes away soon! They are NO fun!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #8
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with what everyone else says....Tucks pads or witch hazel. I had them horrible after this last baby, I had 2 the size of grapes. They were awful! I used Dermoplast spray for the pain and used Tucks pads to shrink them.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoSunshines View Post
I agree with what everyone else says....Tucks pads or witch hazel. I had them horrible after this last baby, I had 2 the size of grapes. They were awful! I used Dermoplast spray for the pain and used Tucks pads to shrink them.
I totally forgot about that spray! It worked wonders for me
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote