Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
Registered Users
acid reflux

my DD had her 2 month check up yesterday. when she was born she was 9 pounds and now is 11lbs. 6 oz i told her doctor that she spits up a lot, so she wanted to give her one type of medicine she said was really good, but my insurance does not cover it. so, she prescribed zantac, but i think it is just a generic version. anyways my question is has anyone used this before with their babies and did it work well for you?

logansmom15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: acid reflux

We had Pepcid for DS2 and it worked very well. I'm assuming it might be very similar. We noticed a difference fairly quickly and he was also on Alimentum.
Keeper of the home to my crazy Norwegian bunch!
4littlenorskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM   #3
Registered Users

If the RX isn't covered because it is available OTC you can try one of three approaches. You can try to get script of certain versions that are only available by RX for example Prevacid is OTC but if you need Solutabs they are only available by Rx. You can just buy the version OTC and use a compound kit available here. You can simply give the Zantac a shot and see if it helps. Just be aware children grow fast so the dose will need to be adjusted every so often and that children metabolize medicine quickly. It is usually better to give smaller doses more frequently then to give one large dose once a day. What ever you decide please talk it over with your doctor to make sure it is right for your child medically.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Registered Users

I use the generic, it works. It is best to start with that because it's nor as strong as the other medicines. We're waiting for Prevacid to be approved for our 2 month old (she has severe reflux problems) because she's so young and the medicine is strong.
One half of my heart wears a uniform (08/30/08)
The other half wears cloth! Jayelynn Amorette (2/25/10).

PHOTOGRAPHER servicing all of Tampa Bay! DS users get discounted packages!!
rachelstriker is offline   Reply With Quote