Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
Shikoba
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Family unsupportive of vbac?

My family has been very supportive, but my friends have not been. I just got to the point where I told them I had no interest in discussing my birth plans or hearing their opinions. I actually haven't talked to one person in a few weeks over this :/. I'm trying really hard to avoid negativity, I have been doing the hypnobabies program, and this is a big part of it. Good luck on your VBAC! and I hope your family will come around or just keep their mouths shut!

Advertisement

Shikoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
jadefaerie
Registered Users

Re: Family unsupportive of vbac?

I keep thinking about how hard this must be for you! The last thing you need is this kind of negativity hanging on you. No birth is without fear and uncertainty, unfortunately, but to make it worse is just so wrong. I wish people would understand that c/s is such a risky proposition. Our infant/maternal mortality rates are WORSE here than some 3rd world countries and they are linking it to c/s-related problems. Women die from c/s--many of which were unnecessary. A girl I went to high school with is one of those women. Got a staph infection in the OR and they couldn't save her. Why don't people get this? And how is making birth "convenient" any fun?? I hope you're able to find some peace and space from her. She's probably just worried and doesn't know how to express it, like pp said. You poor thing
Mom to DD (6/21/05-c/s) and DS#1 (5/2/07-HBAC #1) and DS#2 BORN! 7-21-10 (his due date!!) HBAC #2!
jadefaerie is offline   Reply With Quote