Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
KnPsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: vent! Family is not supporting me!

I've had one each way although I wasn't lucky enough to be able to do a waterbirth with the one I went med-free on (the jaccuzzi tub during labor was fabulous though so I wish I'd been able to!). Epidural free was SO much easier and the recovery was 100 times better. She also weighed almost a lb more (9 lbs 7 oz). You can do it and it WAS hard going natural in the hospital where that epidural is just around the corner. I loved my nurse, towards the end of transition when I was almost there I was panicky and talking about thinking I might need the epi, since I'd had one the 1st time, I was afraid I wouldn't get through without one. She knew I really didn't want one and told me Todd (the anesthesiologist) was on lunch. I know it must be hard to have your family be unsupportive, but as long as you don't let them come to the birth or have someone there to make them keep their mouths shut if they do, you'll be fine and so glad when it's all over that you did it that way.

Advertisement

KnPsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #12
Samo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can do it!!! Don't doubt yourself your body is made to give birth, remember that. I had my first (and only) without meds and it did not hurt until i reached the time to push. Since it was my first time, i had no idea so for a second i thought what did i get myself into, but once i started pushing it was sooo easy, the pain just went away, it's an amazing feeling. Your body just takes over.

The best thing that helped me was to be mentally prepared and calm. I wouldn't change my birth for anything and will gladly go natural again with my future births.
Samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had both my boys w/o any meds! I think it's totally a state of mind...and if you've decided you don't want the epi etc you WILL be able to do it. Your body was designed for this

boysniris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

You have to remember that this a decision that is made by you and your husband, not the rest of your family. Any time a person makes a decision that is considered unconventional there are bound to be others who do not agree. Many women have natural, pain med free home births and why should you be any different? Many blessings to you and your family.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #15
EcoGlo Minerals
Registered Users
Formerly: KT Naturals
seller

I think all of their comments would make me want to prove them wrong and go full force with the original plan!

EcoGlo Minerals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #16
tlc981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stick to what you want. I wanted a natural with with my now 5 1/2 month old and I did it, well I did ask for an epidural and drugs and neither worked, lol. You can do it. I was in transition and no one realized I was at the end....I was at just 3 cm 20 min before I asked for drugs. Yes, it does get intense but you can do it! For me, when it was time to push, it didn't hurt really, just a little burning.

Like pp said, it said, it started to feel more intense when I lost my cool and panicked.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #17
BC Mom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Stick to your guns-you can do it! Even though I had a hospital birth it was 100% med free. Also I don't get your step fathers remark cause um....he's never given birth so how in the heck would he know what your "getting into"?
Our bodies were designed to give birth and babies were designed to be birthed~drug free. Actually our bodies have lots of natural pain killers that get released during labour/birth. I don't know specifics but perhaps another mama knows more about it.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
jewelzbird
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are making the safest choice. You are doing the right thing. Watch the movie The Business of being Born. Believe in yourself. Your body knows what to do and your midwife will transfer you if needed. No two deliveries are the same, so even having had one successful one, I am still in the same position and have all the same worries. You are going to feel capable of anything after this! It is very empowering and the natural body hormones will bond you to your baby. This will not happen as well with an epidural. You and your baby deserve this...hang in there!
Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #19
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Thank you mamas for all your support! I can do this and will. I need to catch up on the wonderful birth stories on here. I will find some good reading materials and watch the videos that inspired me to go this route in the first place. It just gets so easy to be pushed off track when those around you are doubting your abilities.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:25 PM   #20
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You can do it! And yes it hurts but's childbirth Like other ppl say usually when you feel the urge for an epidural is when it's almost over! When you hit that wall just keep telling yourself transition transition and it's almost done! Your body was made to do this and millions of women have done it before pain meds came out (and a few have done it since meds came out LOL Hang in there!