06-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Re: any other moms over 35? questions...
I am not 35, so I can't say that I have experience in this, but my initial thought was that I would refuse the tests (I refused the AFP with this one) because in the end, it wouldn't matter, we wouldn't terminate. BUT, after reading Kim's story, I feel the same way. Being prepared, knowing what to expect, and not being shocked when things don't happen as planned, would be ideal. I would probably delay the amnio if possible and see what a more involved U/S showed, and then, like Kim did, get the amnio if it seemed like it was indicated. I hope that helps, good luck with your decision!
And Kim, I know your family will be blessed with your new baby girl! You are an inspiration
- Wife to Allan
, and SAHM to lil Allan
(12/10) and Grady