Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: jlepitzki
Share your vaginal breech birth stories please!

Hi ladies,
I'm looking for some real experiences delivering frank or complete breech babes vaginally. This one flipped from footling to head down to frank in the past two weeks and I am weighing my possibilities.

My DD was footling breech 7 years ago and delivered by c/s. Since this one is frank (for the time being) the OB has said he will support a trial of labour.

Any advice, tips, things you found helpful and whether you would do it again are all helpful.

I blog
so my brain doesn't
completely turn to mush.
VibrantBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Share your vaginal breech birth stories please!

pushing on your back with a breech is even more difficult . Ive never had to push so hard! I was talking with my midwife and she said that is the worst way to push with a breech baby, like it isnt bad enough with a head down baby, a butt first one is harder.
I would do it again, no 2nd thoughts.
time time time, breech babies need lots more time, thats something that alot of doctors wont do, but I was lucky and have an OB with time.
Amanda, wife to Paul (07/04), mom to Veronica (12/04) Valerie (01/06)
Vincent (12/10) & Violette (01/13)
Proud 2x Surrogate, girl breech vaginally! 04/08/08 & a boy 08/28/09
flame_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

watching this thread
i have never given birth to breech baby but would hope i would still be able to vaginally
also would ask your doc if he has ever delivered(hate sayign that lol)a breech baby so you know if he has any real hands on (or hands off in this case) experience

keep trying to get that baby to turn
Maya mom to 4 and one more otw
mommyshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

My baby was a surprise frank breech (planned homebirth). My water broke, full of meconium, could not get to the hospital in time (he came in the car -- his head was entrapped while we were still 10 minutes away) and he died three days after birth (the oxygen deprivation killed him, he was on life support). Whether you are in a hospital or at home, head entrapment and cord compression is what kills breech babies -- through my own grief I have found many others like me whose breech babies did not make it -- and I know quite a few who were in hospitals when it happened (and they were with trained doctors -- oxygen deprivation happens so fast, it's really quite devastating). Not trying to scare you, just wanted to give my experience.

Last edited by IndieBambino; 05-15-2010 at 05:15 PM.
IndieBambino is offline   Reply With Quote