Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 AM   #11
annemarie72
Registered Users

Re: Why are people so weird about my son wearing pink? mini vent

I know lots of grown men who wear pink an wear it well, mostly polo's or stylish button downs but i dont see the issue with boys/men wearing pink . If it makes him happy i say go for it , its a form of expression and just cause other people dont like it doesnt mean a thing. I'm a female an personally cant stand the color purple , but i dont run around knocking other women for wearing the color. so much stereo typing in the world.and i think by letting him wear what he wants shows him to do what he feels is right no matter what the others think.

Advertisement

annemarie72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #12
MySonsClothBum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

don't even get me started about how there is "boy" colours and "girl" colours....it makes me sick! <--this is not the "sick" icon i was looking for!!!
DS happily wears ALL colours...since all colours are for everyone!
(yes..that is my son in my avatar in his pink ooga diaper...now sold, but i would never hesitate to buy him pink. he has more pink/purple diapers than any other colour i think...)

Last edited by MySonsClothBum; 05-16-2010 at 10:06 AM.
MySonsClothBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #13
sUpermOm81
Do not B/T with. Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if involved in a transaction.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsMama View Post
DH doesn't do pink. So DS doesn't do pink. But he does have dolls and other "girl" toys.

See, here is DS babywearing
Old 05-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
MySonsClothBum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i like to see likeminded mamas here

(and if anyone has dipes on my ISO list, ANY colour/print is game!)

Last edited by MySonsClothBum; 05-16-2010 at 10:11 AM.
MySonsClothBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:12 AM   #15
maureen73
Registered Users
seller

To be honest...my DH would take issue with it for our boys. The most I have ever "gotten away with" was a light blue dress shirt with a pink patch woven into it. I don't really care what my boys wear but would prefer more so called traditional gender neutral colors as opposed to bright pinks or lavenders. That is just a personal preference though and I wouldn't give a second glance to another child in "girl" colors.

Last edited by maureen73; 05-16-2010 at 10:14 AM.
maureen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 AM   #16
FreetailTherapy
Waiting on response to FSOT issue~ Pleae contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if in transaction!

My Mood:

DH won't wear pink, but not because he thinks it is "girly" but because he is very light skinned and pink seems to wash him out even more, so he sticks to blues and greens and YES Purple! My boys all wear pink, they didn't like the idea the first time I got them a pink shirt, but once they tried it on, they loved it. I only allow button down collar shirts for the boys and they both have 2 pink ones (I think DS10 might have a couple more, or maybe he just seems to keep picking the same ones....lol) and seem to wear them more often than their other shirts. As far as DS1, He doesn't have pink clothes, but I think that is mainly because I can never find any in his size, BUT he does have pink diapers and yes, they were passed down from his sister, but really? What does it matter? And no, my DH has no issues with our boys wearing pink.

Now Accepting Donations for our Charity Kits, click here for more information!
Get Paid with: SendEarnings, CloudCrowd, Inbox Dollars, Swagbucks and Hits4Pay!
FreetailTherapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #17
peeko621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We currently don't have anything that is pink, but if Liam or Jack wanted to wear pink (or any other color) I wouldn't care. Dh is color blind, so he really doesn't care. lol!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #18
BookishMama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sent my 5yo DS, who likes pink, to school wearing a boy's pink and white striped Oxford button-down dress shirt for picture day and when he came home he told us that he was picked on for wearing pink, because pink and purple are girl's colors. I was shocked, because I thought that we were certainly long past the days when this would happen. We talked about it at length and emphasized the fact that all colors are for everyone.

It's sort of ironic that people get so fixated on pink as a girl's color, because up until the 20th century pink was actually a boy's color.
DS (6), DD (Born 2/15/2010)
BookishMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:20 AM   #19
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids wear whatever color they want. Kearnan's favorite colors are purple and green, which are not hard to find for boys. Purple somehow manages to avoid the "girly" stigma I guess, at least as long as it is a dark purple. Tharen's favorite color is pink and has been for as long as I can remember him having a preference (at least two years now). I definitely let him wear pink. He had pink diapers, now he has WAHM made pink boxer breifs. He has pink t-shirts, though they are hard to find for boys I will buy solid pink ones when I find them too. Dh is not bothered by it. We also allow our boys to choose how they wear their hair. Kearnan's hair is long and he likes to wear it in pig tails. This does not bother dh either. Tharen asked to have his hair cut almost two years ago and wore a mohawk for over a year. Now he has me cut his hair short and spiky like dh's. I think it does secretly make dh proud, not because he doesn't like long hair but because his son wants to look like him. Who doesn't want their child to think they are cool? On Kearnan however he prefers the long hair as well. Kearnan has nice soft hair and a face for long hair styles.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #20
Yeladim=simcha
Registered Users
seller

My 4 boys wear pink and purple, and so does dh. It's never been an issue here, and I don't understand why it ever should be an issue with anyone.