Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #11
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Please help me...

I took sudafed with all 5 of my children and we never had any problems.

I do trust my midwifes judgement on what medications I can take during pregnancy. Shes been there for me w/ all 5 & never given me any reason not to trust her.

To the OP: I don't give out medical advice but I do hope you get an answer soon so you can have some relief. ((hugs))

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
jraejohnson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i would use vics, a humidifer, drink lots of water, hot tea with honey, gargle with salt water if your throat is sore, use ricocola cough drops, a netipot, hot steamy shower, and take a bendadryl or two before bed (it makes me super tired, but its like a 2 in 1 will dry out the sinuses and help you sleep!) and take tylenol for pain. benadryl is generally pretty safe its really my ob will recommend besides tylenol.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am one of those people who dont medicate myself unless i really need it. I went and talked to the pharmicyst this morning. I got tylenol cold. Made me feel much better. I only too half the dose and ihave been sitting on the couch all day. I also got a coldbuster from jamba juice. (lots of vit c.) Now i am just waiting to go to bed. too bad its 4:20pm and DH works today. sigh..

Thanks for your help ladies !!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #14
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

CALL YOUR PHARMACIST!!!! My brother is a pharmacist and I swear he knows more than any Dr. i've ever met. If it's a what should I take question just call the pharmacy.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just wanna add that sleep is one of the most healing factors for your body... the more sleep, the better. The less sleep, the longer it takes to heal or get better. And for me, sleep is IMPOSSIBLE when my nose is stuffy. Sometimes the benefits of taking a medication DO outweigh the risks. Of course you should always get a doctors/pharmacists opinion, on top of doing your own research, but I personally don't think anyone should suffer through a cold when there ARE safe medications out there.

And a stuffy nose isn't always from snot build up... so blowing your nose repeatedly doesn't always work. More times than not its from imflammation in the nasal passages & medication is needed to open them up.