Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #11
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Shoes For Toddler w/ Fat Feet

We use to get Nikes bc my DH gets free Nike apparel.

Unfortunately, Nike is to narrow for ds1. We have found New Balance for his sneakers. They make a double wide sneaker. They fit perfect and are very comfortable for him.

Good luck!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Keen wides and See Kai Run all the way. What we do around here is order these from Zappos.com. The ship free and return free so its like trying them on in the comfort of our own home without the drama and expense of driving to the shoe store. I have found SKR easy to get on and off and they love our fat toddler feet. . Plus, they're cute and very well made.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

My son has hugely fat feet too! Sounds just like how you're describing. Our solution? Crocs. I've always loved them, but they're perfect for him. He's 1 & wears a 5. We got him a pair of the original Crocs and a pair called the Teton (90% sure on that). They're more loafer-shaped, and closed all around. The regular Crocs fit him so well. And they always have the outlet on their website, where you can find them for cheap.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #14
Aegansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the itzy-bitzy line of shoes. They come is super cute styles and run around $20 a pair. They are extra wide and roomy, with flexible soles!
Aegansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #15
rle376@hotmail.com
Registered Users
seller

Pedipeds worked for our DD though I never tried the treaded ones. We also had luck with squeaky shoes or Stride Rite wides.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #16
mamamonkmee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Leslie- thank you for the site you saved me a 2 hr drive with a 5 yo, 2 yo, and 1 month old.

we loved our squeaky shoes when ds 1st started walking it was great to get him motivated. i will be getting ds#3 some when his time comes
mamamonkmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
rdossmann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If he is 3, then you def need to get him a shoe with a durable sole b/c he is running and playing outside. I suggest Stride Rite. They have wide and extra wide. I had to buy these for a while until my lo's foot started thinning out. They are $$ but they last and you will get a good fit.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
nature_jen
Registered Users

My daughter has extra wide feet that are also tall, and we've done all of her shoe shopping at Stride Rite Outlet and New Balance Outlet. (We are lucky to live in Orlando, FL where there are TONS of outlet stores). You can sometimes get lucky and find shoes as cheap as $15, but that is rare. Average price I spend on her shoes is $25-$30 a pair. She rarely has more than 2 pairs of shoes at once ... right now she actually has 3 because we just discovered Crocs. They fit great, but offer very little support.
nature_jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
mpink22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use Stride Rite wides, but my friend whose DS has really wide feet said that the only shoes he can wear are Keens.