Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
so, is a BG topped w/ a BSWW too "not breathable" for overnight?

I"m having overnight CD issues. Ethan varies in how much he wets (he's 5 months). He eats at about 6:30 and then gets a bath/shower around 7 and goes to bed aron d7:30 or 8 - I put his nightime diaper on after his bath. H feeds him (dreamfeed) at 10:30. I posted about this earlier, but we've been having leaking. I even put a wool shortie over the BG and he was soaked this morning. Tonight, I stuffed his BG w/ two hemp inserts (like Joey Bunz,but not contoured) and I wrapped those in a mf auto towel. I put a BSWW OVER the bumGenius - I think it will be totall leakproof, but I worry that it will be a little "shweaty" in there. What do you think?

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Re: so, is a BG topped w/ a BSWW too "not breathable" for overnight?

If it works, go with it....if he seems to have a rash or irritation in the morning, I'd take that as a sign that it was not breathable enough.....
Like i put in your previous thread, I don't think you were getting soaked because the diaper itself was leaking per se, it was just that there wasn't enough absorbancy to hold all your li'l guys pee, and once the inserts were SOAKED, it had no choice but to soak through.... I see you have added another hemp insert, which i think is a good idea. IF this works, in terms of absorbancy, perhaps you could try it tomorrow night with the wool again, instead of the BSWW, since that would be more breathable?
Personally, I do think this will be a little "sweaty", and don't think my li'l one's bum could take it...we use fleece all the time now....but if yours can, all the more power to you!

GOOD LUCK!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am thinking I might get a snap-ez fleece pocket for night and I could put a BSWW over that, so it won't be so sweaty.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

could work. I was using FB's at night, and we didn't have any problems, but she would sometimes get the dreaded red marks on the legs from the elastic being too tight.

Personally, I find that prefolds are great for overnight...one premium with a mf towel works all mnight for us, or else 2 JB and a MF towel...sometimes we even use more than that...like a PF, MF towel and a hemp doubler...we really stack it up at night!!! I found that getting her "night" dipes/covers a size bigger helped....now we have a toddler fleece stac that i can get a pf, JB and MF towel under and it works great.
If you really like your wool, I'd just stuff a LOT of stuff under it and see if it works, lol! If you really like your pockets, I'd triple-stuff em as much as you can...
Best luck!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote