Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #31
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lets talk Baby Names

My DD is Kaitlyn Dynelle. Don't know meanings doesn't matter to me really. Kaitlyn I got from a 1995 movie with Brian Austin Green and Tiffani Amber Thessian in it and fell in love with the name. Dynelle is my aunt's middle name she passed in 1996.

Names i like for another girl if I ever have one are Aubrianna and Emmalynn again don't know meanings.

Boys Jonathon, Edward(my dad's name), John (dad's middle name), Aaron, Cameron. Like middle names of Lee(mine) or John or Eric.

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 AM   #32
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kason's mommy View Post
KY-uh
Ooh I love that!! Too bad we call my daughter KY or that would be on my name list for the next one! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Oh and Addison was also a top choice for DS. It means son of Adam - which is perfect as that is my DH's name. But stupid Grey's Anatomy came out with a girl named Addison and suddenly it was vogue to name your DD "son of Adam." Couldn't condemn DS to be one of 7 Addison's in a class - but the only boy with the name!
One of my mom's friends named her son Addison 14 years ago!

I love how people use grandparents names for their children, I SO wanted to use some for our children. My DH has 1 set of deceased grandparents and I have 1 set, so we thought it would be cool to use there 4 names. . .Well His grandparents names were Ion (I-OWN) and John and Ion is just not my style at all and our last name is pretty common . . . the #1 most common in america so naming our baby JOHN with our last name was way too common!
My granndparents names were Mary and Amos. I really like Mary but when I looked it up it means "Bitter". I just couldnt do that!!
So, we decided to just use new names.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #33
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Oh and Addison was also a top choice for DS. It means son of Adam - which is perfect as that is my DH's name. But stupid Grey's Anatomy came out with a girl named Addison and suddenly it was vogue to name your DD "son of Adam." Couldn't condemn DS to be one of 7 Addison's in a class - but the only boy with the name!
He most likely would have been the only Addison with a Addisuhn, Attisin, Adusyn, addisinn, and a aduzhun (pronounced Addison, but dont mispronounce it or mommy will get upset).
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #34
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My daughter's name is Aubrey Maddox and if she had been a boy, she would have been Kellan Brady. We don't go by name meanings. Like you said with Kennedy...I think it's dumb that there are actual bad meanings to names. Maddox means "son of Madog"...that has nothing to do with her and it's not even "supposed" to be a girl name but I like it. We just picked names we thought were cool and sounded good.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #35
nalazimbala
Registered Users
seller

DD is Evangeline which can either mean "good news" or "like an angel" but we call her Evan which means "God is good". Her middle name is Ruth (my grandmother) meaning "friend".

DS is Elliot which means "the Lord is my God"...then he has 2 middles - Townes (great grandfather) and Logan (grandfather).

Last edited by nalazimbala; 05-18-2010 at 07:45 PM.
nalazimbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #36
harleysmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

hah, my dh was the same way. he didn't care if the name had a neutral or good meaning but was dead set against anything slightly negative. luckily, we didn't have an issue as the name we liked for a long time had a good meaning.

harley means "hare meadow."
harleysmama is offline   Reply With Quote