Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Ilovecaseyandcoh
Registered Users
seller

Be a little selfish... :)

I have been a mom for like two months and I am now realizing how selfless mommas are. We are amazing, aren't we? I have also realized that everyday I need to do a little something for myself otherwise I feel sort of lost. I take my showers at night, alone and have DH take care of Sammy and I get a pedicure every month. So what do you do for yourself so you feel like yourself?

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Be a little selfish... :)

Firstly, congrats on your baby! I remember one day when my first baby was about 3 months old I sat down and the shock realization just hit me 'this baby is here to stay, i'm never going to be able to plan my own life again...' And i was almost 30, so I'd enjoyed a long time of being single and autonomous! Having your first baby is SUCH a shock to the system, it really is... it's wonderful and scary at the same time. Since having them my attitude towards myself, my time etc has really changed. I really miss sleeping in on weekends and just being able to do whatever I want... but of course I love my kids and would never send them back. I do try to make sure they get to bed at a reasonable hour every night so that I can take a bath, watch some tv, do some sewing uninterrupted (with a toddler and an infant, alone time during the day is rare). I also some Saturday mornings get DH to take them down to the library so that I can relax a little, clean up the house, get things in order. I also go for pedicures now and then, and even go out with a girlfriend sometimes!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #3
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Sleep late whenever possible.
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
doodah
Registered Users
seller

yes it is very surreal when you have been a mommy for awhile and it hits you that they will ALWAYS be with you (physically or just in your heart). You will never be alone again. Wonderful and overwhelming at the same time. I have been having "me time" at the gym lately. I also sleep in every Saturday and turn a fan on high in the bedroom so it drowns out the commotion of daddy cooking breakfast and holding down the fort. I used to be more a martyr but that was not the best decision. I really needed to take care of myself so I can be the best person, mother and wife. It has helped in many ways just to plan a lunch out with a friend, running errands with no kids along, a hot shower, whatever. Even just going to the bathroom with no kids following me is awesome!
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #5
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I recently joined a gym and so I am lucky to get an hour "break" either of an evening or early in the AM when I go to work out. I've started to go in the mornings before DH goes to work so that I can start my day off energized, showered, with a cup of coffee before the kids get up. There's not a whole lot better than that, IMO.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #6
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm very selfish!

I work out for atleast an hour 4 days a week. The kids go to the nursery at the gym.

I do some type of spa treatment every month.

I take a nap whenever I can....atleast 3 days a week. I had one today.

I have "me time" during nap time. Which means.....I do whatever I want when the kids are napping. My fav is watching General Hospital.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
Ilovecaseyandcoh
Registered Users
seller

ajane, when did you start taking your LO to the gym nursery? Like at what age? I like all your daughters names. So cute!
Old 05-19-2010, 10:32 PM   #8
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I put the kids to bed around 8pm, DH goes to bed around 10pm, and I stay up another hour or so to read a book, write a blog, bum around online and/or come here of course That's really my "me" time. Sometimes I can do this during naps, but usually I'm too busy catching up on chores in the offchance that both kidlets are napping at the same time.

Other than that, I really don't do anything just for me. Although DH DID just get me a gift cert to go get a massage and I am waaaaaay excited for that!