Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #1
teal
Registered Users

S/O: Crazy things your neighbours do to their house/yard/possessions

Post pics if you've got'em!

My neighbour has painted green concrete as his front lawn. All the other houses have real grass, but not him! Not sure why he decided to paint it green... it's not like he's fooling anyone! (I'm at work so no pics yet.)

EDIT: Pic added! Thank you GoogleMaps for not forcing me go out and take one myself!

Advertisement

Last edited by teal; 05-20-2010 at 12:16 PM.
teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Amanda L
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O: Crazy things your neighbours do to their house/yard/possessions

Subbing for later

Amanda L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's crazy to have your back flood lights put on a photosenstive switch. Do you really need 2 1000 watt flood bulbs on ALL NIGHT shining into your privacy fenced backyard in an ultrasafe neighborhood? And yes, they shine right in our bedroom window.
Thanks!
I think it's crazy to buy a house & not mow your yard. Really?
I think chihuahuas should be banned from intown neighborhoods.

I know, you were looking for crazy pics of "stuff" but I think this stuff is crazy too!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wonder how many of these will be located in the South
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #5
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just HAVE to see this concrete lawn! Easy to maintain, I would think.

I got nothin' - my neighborhood is disturbingly normal.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

OK, out here, people do the weirdest thing. It's like the lawn trend of the moment (ok, the entire year I've lived here) is to put broken down crap on your lawn in an attempt to make it look "Rustic" or something like that. (No, seriously, rustic is a big thing out here.... I'm a little embarrassed to have gotten sucked into the trend via my living room when I moved out here last year! LOL) But yeah, it's funny because what sense does it make to have a broken down covered wagon on your lawn?! First off, it's 2010, and nobody drives a wagon anymore. Secondly, it's not like that kind of stuff just turns up around here. We live in a big city! You have to make a conscious effort to bring a broken down wagon into the city and place the hunk of crap on your lawn, artfully arranged with bands of various colored rocks (because grass doesn't grow here, and we have rock lawns. Gross.) and carefully placed boulders.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's crazy to keep your Xmas decorations on your house ALL YEAR ROUND. They live down the street from us and luckily, I don't need to see the wreaths and tinsel on a daily basis.

I think it's crazy to love yard work so much, that you come out like clockwork as soon as the weather is nice. Nice yard, but still....OCD, much? In fact, when I googled our house and got the satellite image, I can see a snapshot of my neighbor bending over to do yard work. And yes, the image was taken before we lived there so this OCD behavior is over a year old.

I find it crazy then when I travel a few blocks to the projects in the nearby city, most of their tenants have cars I couldn't afford. With nice rims and spoilers and HID lights.

And perhaps my neighbors find my plastic crane crazy? One thought it was real and threw a stone in my yard to see if it would fly away.

ETA: MrsLiberty, I'd like to see that. That sounds so weird!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
browneyedgrl2411
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son and I like to drive around and explore. One day we saw a old rocking horse on top of a house! It looks ridiculous and i can not fathom why...
We saw another that the entire back of the house and fence were covered with license plates and old metal signs. I have never seen so many in one spot.

Last edited by browneyedgrl2411; 05-31-2010 at 10:16 AM.
browneyedgrl2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
My son and I like to drive around and explore. One day we saw a old rocking horse on top of a house! It looks ridiculous and i can not fathom why...
We saw another that the entire back of the house and fence were covered with license plates and old metal signs. I have never seen so many in one spot.
Yes it is in Sc lol.
License plates and old signs are VERY big further north. Im from Indiana and its HUGE up there. Especially on barns.

We dont have neighbors anymore since we live in an Apt, but my parents are ones that have the old rusty plows and wagons in their front yard.

I always have to ask WHY, when I see a freakin bathtub in someones yard with flowers coming out of it.

My Mamaw always used old wash tubs to plant her flowers in, but never in her front yard.

MIL lives in TX and when we visited, I saw all the colorful boulders and rocks lining drive ways, and flower beds and stuff. It was interesting to say the least.

Here, there is a serisouly run down trailer park off of Midland Park. Much of the community have cars that are well over the cost of their homes.

moss covered trailer: Check
broken windows: Check
sheets covering said windows: Check
broken steps: check
Cadilac Escalade with chrome rims and chrome trim: Check
Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #10
mamaktee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgrl2411 View Post
And perhaps my neighbors find my plastic crane crazy? One thought it was real and threw a stone in my yard to see if it would fly away.
mamaktee is offline   Reply With Quote