Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #31
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Surprising Things Kids Know/Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
My little guy is 4 months old & sits up with out help & crawls. The sitting isn't that early for his age but I think the crawling kind of is. He started with an army crawl but has the arms & legs going now. I think he's just really determined to get into what his sisters are doing. He can give the girls a hi-5, gives kisses & says mom, hi & hello. I was one of those kids who started college when I was 8 years old so maybe he's taking after his old mom.
Seriously? I think your little guy takes the cake for being a baby genius! And you were in college at 8? WOW! So, what do you do now?

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #32
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryChicBaby View Post
My little one (just turned 2) says "fabulous" to a lot of things.
Too cute!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #33
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myblessedbaby View Post
I'm pretty impressed with my 29 month old's vocabulary. It's probably pretty normal, but I think he's the smartest kid ever, of course.

Tonight at dinner DS looked down at his plate and said "what's that", pointing to the picture of construction equipment (you know a kid friendly plastic plate with pics on it) I told him it's an "escavator" He looked at me and said. "no mommy, it's not an escavator, it's a bull dozer" He was totally right, I used the word escavator because I couldn't think of the word bull dozer, even though they are pretty much the same thing.
LOL, my son LOVES equipment. he was teaching my mom about a Ditch Witch the other day. I have no idea what that is, but he knew all about it
Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #34
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm pretty impressed at how quickly DS (2.5) is picking up on things. He learned all of his letters within a couple of weeks, kinda like a PP who said her DD only did it when she wanted to. He picked up numbers super quickly, too. He doesn't get that there is an order for letters, but we're working on that one. I'm also constantly amazed at how tender he is with other kids. We were in the church nursery Sunday, and he suddenly got up and walked around and patted each kid on the head. He always offers his toys to other kids and let's them go first on play equipment. It's amazing to me how aware he is of others' feelings. When we read books and there's a kid who's crying, he gets upset and has to ask me why.
It's also funny to me how he relates to girls. He has a crush on my friend's DD right now. She is severely autistic, and doesn't play with him at all, but he LOVES her. He follows her around and mimics everything she does. If we're going to see her, I don't let him eat peanut butter, and I'll explain why (allergy). From the time we have that conversation until we get to their apartment, he asks for "Galalella" (Gabriella).
My favorite was last week. He was playing on my phone, and it was time to go to bed. I asked him to come and give me the phone so I could put it on the charger, and he didn't want to. Rather than wrenching it out of his hand, I decided to try something. So I said, "Toby, do you not want to put it on the charger because you don't know how?" He looked at me for a second, and then ran to prove to me that he could do it. Not something I want to make a habit out of, but I was sure he was too young for that to work!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #35
leighi123
Banned
seller

My Mood:

My dad mentioned that someone at his work had a baby - ds asked "is it a boy or a girl" (girl), "how much does she weigh?". "How tall is she?". "she has a daiper right because she doesnt know how to poop in the potty yet"

Also he saw a forward facing carseat today and said "HEY that seat is backwards! Fix it mommy, thats not a safe choice"

He also tells anyone riding a bike/scooter/rollerblades/skateboard that they should be riding a helmet "where is your helmet?" (???) "thats not a safe choice, go get your helmet. You could hurt your head. See I have a helmet on my head, it lights up! I'm safe."
leighi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #36
hanhtam
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we moving away from my mom house when my oldest son was one year old. She sold that house and move into another house but still in the same neighborhood. We came back to visited her when my oldest was about 7 years old. As we drove by my mom old house, my son pointed at the house and said " here, here, why don't you stop". We told him that grandma has another house now. That was a big surprised for us.

My 22 months old first word when he was about 3 or 4 months old was a perfect Chinese word and non of us are Chinese ,how genius is that lol

Last edited by hanhtam; 05-25-2010 at 10:17 AM.
hanhtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #37
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 2yo said "I am so impatient" when she was getting unbuckled the other day and no I don't say that to her that's why I nearly fell over.

She also reached down and wiped the bathroom floor with her little hand held it up high and said "mommy the floor's filthy, see?"

And yesterday when I picked her up from the sitter she ran over to the table where there was a stack of 6 coloring sheets that the kids had colored that day. She said "look at my picture mom" as she weeded through them and pulled her's out. I was impressed that she remembered how she had colored her picture as everyone had colored the same picture of a horse.

Kids are amazing, she never fails to surprise and make me oh so proud.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #38
raindrop_333
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter is now almost 5 1/2. She started taking steps at 7 months old and was walking without crawling anymore at all on her 9 month birthday. She started speaking in sentences at 19 months old, and she spoke so clearly. Lili's always been petite, so imagine the looks on people's faces when they saw a small 7 month old walking and 1 1/2 year old speaking in sentences . She also started requesting what she wanted for her meals at that age...and oh, this one tripped me out; she started understanding directions and where we were. When we'd be driving home from my grandparents' house, we'd start driving down the mountain and she'd say that we were in Reno when we got there. Smarty! At 2 1/2 she could spell her own name, she knew my first and last names, she knew what city and state we lived in, stuff like that. She could also take the laptop out, put all of the plugs in the right spots, turn it on, click on internet explorer, get to the favorites, and play nick jr. games! Sometimes we'd come out of our room in the morning to see her just hanging out playing games when the laptop was all put away the night before, haha! Right after she turned 4 she could count to 100. She also started reading at 4 and now at 5 she reads so well and hardly pauses on big words . She wrote her own little story the other day about Snow White and drew pictures to go along with it. Lili is up to 2nd grade math. She's so smart!

My son is 2 1/2 years old. He's very different from his sister . He walked at an average age and didn't speak much until after he turned 2. He started rolling over at 4 weeks old, and he could hold his head WAY up (I mean all the way up, chest off the floor) at 4 days old. He can now get into SO's phone and access the games and play them. Stinker! He's also a fantastic breakdancer!

Last edited by raindrop_333; 05-27-2010 at 02:13 PM.
raindrop_333 is offline   Reply With Quote