Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
best big building blocks for toddlers

My son is 14 months and is starting to stack things in the shower. Like shampoo bottles- he stacks them on top of each other while taking a bath/shower. I'd like to find some good wooden blocks for play, but all of them seem to be too small. Either way too small or way too big!

Any suggestions? What has been fun for your toddlers?

-Samantha
www.mamantoes.com

Advertisement

MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: best big building blocks for toddlers

My DC kiddos enjoy plain wooden builders to stack & knock over. They also love stacking cups. Duplos. Little People. Trains. Cars. Balls & ball mazes. Hammer bench pegs & hammer(or get the M&D pound it ball tower!).
They also love sand & water. Those tables are totally hits all the way!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Kismet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my boys love those HUGE megablocks, they are 3 and 6 and still love them, not really stacky blocks but still great. They also both like just plain old school wood blocks. i remember when my sister was little she had a set of cardboard "bricks" she loved them to build and stack. Good luck!

Check out felpies for cute goodies!
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 PM   #4
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

We like stuff from Melissa & Doug although I'm sure there's a cheaper version out there...garanimals (at wal-mart) has been putting out a lot of wooden toys lately for inexpensive cost, not sure about the paint on them though...they're not on the walmart website though, only in-store...if you search wood blocks under the toy section on wal-mart's website, it brings up a few and one set of them look pretty big..they're wood-look-alike foam blocks though and are pretty expensive. My kids love these; and these and these were big hits at DS's pre-k.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Guidecraft makes some very simple blocks. Dd (16 mos) has a set of these and they are the perfect size - not too big or small for her hands. Haba sticki blocks are a good size and great for stacking too.
If $25 can buy a child for a night, it can also give a child a safe home for a month. Love146 safehomes enable restoration through safe housing, therapy, nutrition, medical care, education...and something every child needs, a home full of love and care.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #6
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

We love unit blocks. We have a set and DS plays with them literally every single day and has since he got them when he was 2 years old. We actually did away with their little storage case and just got a big toy box to throw them in b/c they are always out. DS loves to build- he has LEGOs, mega blocks, lincoln logs, and other wooden blocks, but the unit blocks get the most use, hands down.

Last edited by jac1976; 05-26-2010 at 05:06 AM.
jac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote