View Poll Results: Relatives printing off photos of your child...
Yes, I find this behaviour odd/inappropriate. 48 68.57%
No, I don't think this relative is doing anything odd/inappropriate. 18 25.71%
Other 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 PM   #11
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Printing off photos of your relatives children....a question

Could someone else have printed them off? Yes. But she has mentioned other things that would only be found out through fb statuses. I don't think she would ask someone else to print off photos because she told me herself that she was printing some off. I also know for a fact that she uses (with permission) another relative's password and another friend of hers is my friend so she could easily use that password with or without permission depending on if this friend's computer automatically enters the password when you sign on.

There was one that I was POSITIVE came from FB and one or two others that probably did. She also has a few photos that I have given her plus some from her own camera. She always brings her camera with her and takes photos of Jasmine.

Advertisement

jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
laceymr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only reason I mentioned asking her was to put her on the spot... kind of a nice way of saying "where the he!! did you get these pics and why are they plastered all over your house?!"
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
kjo
Registered Users
Formerly: kjwa***n
seller

Trust your mom's intuition on this one. It has never steered me wrong. I think it is totally weird. Had a similar situation where a coworker (that I hardly knew) wanted to take a picture of my baby to show his wife that I had never met. He was asking about my kids a little too often and didn't have kids of his own. Maybe he did have good intentions but I'm kind of a mama bear and would rather be safe than sorry.
kjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #14
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

She has asked me about 3 times for photos. She even wanted our entire cd of newborn photos. I either don't answer her question or if I have to answer, I am vague about it....as in I'll see if I can get that to you.

I never give them to her though. It just rubs me the wrong way and I'm not handing over a cd full of photos or giving her copies of everything I have taken. Yeah right. Most moms don't even do that with the relatives they are really close with.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 PM   #15
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
She has asked me about 3 times for photos. She even wanted our entire cd of newborn photos. I either don't answer her question or if I have to answer, I am vague about it....as in I'll see if I can get that to you.

I never give them to her though. It just rubs me the wrong way and I'm not handing over a cd full of photos or giving her copies of everything I have taken. Yeah right. Most moms don't even do that with the relatives they are really close with.
That is really kinda creepy. I mean yeah my mom has access to all of my photos, we lived with her when Kearnan was a baby and she is my mom. She doesn't take them all, she just picks favorites and prints them or puts them in digital frames. A family member that you aren't particularly close to wants all of your photos of your baby, that is just weird.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #16
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

She has gone from asking for all of them to asking for particular ones. I gave another relative about 5 and gave her 3 of the newborn ones....now she is asking to have the other two.

Is what we give her not enough because she knows someone else has more?
Is she trying to create some sort of false relationship with me or my baby?
Old 05-22-2010, 12:10 AM   #17
alisha_roseleip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am another vote for not right!!
It is not out of meanness or rudeness but it is not yours unless you ask for paypal address or you ask me to hold it for you because we are working on a deal. Asking for more pics does not mean we are in the middle of a deal
alisha_roseleip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #18
delphinium
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is beyond weird. If I were you, I would delete my facebook acct and put all my photos in a password protected photo account and stop sending them to friends. Being on facebook is not fun enough to put up with that weirdo.

There are plenty of other ways to keep in touch, like regular email or phone. And keep your photos to yourself for a while. Or only send them to family, that is all.

That is very, very weird. Creepy weird.

If I were you, I would tell that woman how uncomfortable you are and ask for the pics back.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #19
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

This person IS a relative. That's what makes it so tough. I deleted the 2 people that I think have allowed her to use their password. Hopefully that right there will take care of the printing off photos thing. I don't mind for people on my friend's list to see photos that I post....but she doesn't even have an account.

Now as to her constantly asking for photos, I will need to figure out what to say. Sometimes family things can be tough because I think that whatever I tell her will get shared with others and then I'll have more than one person to deal with. They will all think that I'm just being a jerk because why would I care if a relative had access to photos? But like I said, I am not close with that particular relative. It is my right to give photos to whoever I want without people going behind my back to compare what they got and then come back to me asking for more or for what someone else had....even if it is done with good intentions.

I just finished writing an email to a particular person that I have been told forwards on things that I send to her....like videos of the baby. Even if she is only sending them to people I know, I still don't want her sending things. This family has privacy issues...as in there is no privacy.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #20
angelnalex
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
She has gone from asking for all of them to asking for particular ones. I gave another relative about 5 and gave her 3 of the newborn ones....now she is asking to have the other two.

Is what we give her not enough because she knows someone else has more?
Is she trying to create some sort of false relationship with me or my baby?
I think it is weird but have some thoughts as well, does she have kids? I think it is obvious she thinks your baby is super cute to have them allover her house. Is your baby the youngest in the family? Maybe she is having those oh what is it called baby making alarm clock type thing going off. Could she be in a not so subtle way trying to get close to you or your baby? I would ask where she got the photos? She may not think it is weird, but if she doesn't it is only because she is weird. Also ask why she printed them? and just mention that you feel it is appropriate that she mention to you that she would like to print such and such photo off with your permission. Being that you have been vague about getting the cd or photos to her, she may think that she is saving you time or just trying not to bother you since you are busy with your lo. So be more blunt about it all