View Poll Results: Relatives printing off photos of your child...
Yes, I find this behaviour odd/inappropriate. 48 68.57%
No, I don't think this relative is doing anything odd/inappropriate. 18 25.71%
Other 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Printing off photos of your relatives children....a question

No she doesn't have kids. I think she would love to have at least one though. She is sort of single right now.

We have a variety of kids in the family...variety of ages. She has far more photos of Jasmine than she has of the other all combined. I find that odd too.

I do think she is trying in her own way to sort of be friendly but I think she would be doing this photo thing whether or not we were friends.

Advertisement

jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #22
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I do think it's a little weird... but what are you really worried about? Are you worried about something like sexual abuse? If it were me I would think it was strange but probably would not care so much. If she's not a close family member she probably won't have all that much contact with your LO anyway, so why does it matter. Maybe she is just excited, maybe she even printed them out before you were coming over just for your benefit or something. It's very strange but I just don't really see how it is causing a problem, unless they are naked baby photos or something.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #23
doodah
Registered Users
seller

It is weird but since you are family, there is only so much you can do about it. Sounds to me like she wants a baby and since you have a newborn, she is living that dream through your daughter.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #24
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Weird. I am SUPER careful about what pics I post and super critical of other people posting pictures of my kids.

I would be so weirded out if I went to a relatives house that I did not consider to be close and they had lots of pics of my kids.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #25
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't think it is that weird. Not something I would do but she is clearly excited about your baby and maybe she feels you are closer than you think. I guess if you feel weird than maybe it is, but I would just be flattered someone is so excited about my baby and wants to have nice pictures of her up (my own parents only have what I print for them and this person is family not some stranger)

Something really weird happened to me. When I left my old job the lady who took me desk found a picture of my niece in the drawer and framed it an put on her desk (I never even met this woman) my friend worked there still,told me about it and then stole the picture back, but that is creepy
Old 05-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #26
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think in this situation, it's weird, but in general, I would not have a problem with relatives printing out pictures of my kids to put in their houses if they wanted.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #27
FeatherBrained
Registered Users

My Mood:

your situation is weird...but fairly close family printing some (not house plastered) doesnt seem weird to me. Its why i put photos on my fb to share with family that i wont be sending hard copies or specifically email to.
FeatherBrained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #28
mommy2abigail
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's strange to me. HOWEVER, putting your child's pictures up on the internet is always risky. No matter what password or whatever privacy setting you have, people can ALWAYS access what is on the internet. And this is exactly why I don't put my children's pictures on the internet. Ever. If someone wants a picture, they can come and ask. It always surprises me that people think posting personal things online is safe...
mommy2abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #29
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

It is definitely a little weird, but since she is family I probably wouldn't really do anything. If she was just some friend of a friend or something I would.
If $25 can buy a child for a night, it can also give a child a safe home for a month. Love146 safehomes enable restoration through safe housing, therapy, nutrition, medical care, education...and something every child needs, a home full of love and care.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #30
3Daisies
Registered Users

Yes, I would find it strange.