View Poll Results: Relatives printing off photos of your child...
Yes, I find this behaviour odd/inappropriate. 48 68.57%
No, I don't think this relative is doing anything odd/inappropriate. 18 25.71%
Other 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #31
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Printing off photos of your relatives children....a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2abigail View Post
It's strange to me. HOWEVER, putting your child's pictures up on the internet is always risky. No matter what password or whatever privacy setting you have, people can ALWAYS access what is on the internet. And this is exactly why I don't put my children's pictures on the internet. Ever. If someone wants a picture, they can come and ask. It always surprises me that people think posting personal things online is safe...
I don't think that posting things online is 'safe'. But I also don't mind having pictures of my kids on FB either, it doesn't worry me. It would worry me if I had my address and phone number on facebook and pics of my kids...lol. then again if somebody really wants to it isn't hard to find that info either.

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 05:03 PM   #32
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you sure she was using someone else account to get them and someone didnt give them to her? I dont know if I find it odd per say she is related to you, I know my MIL and several other family members take them off FB as well because they need pics of my kids.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:44 PM   #33
jdames
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yup weird! ...and kinda creepy...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #34
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

It is kinda weird but not 'alarm' weird. When I was single, I had dozens of my sister's kids/family pics in my apt. They were just the cutest pics I had. Now they're replaced with my own. Keep an eye on her, maybe when your LO loses her cuteness the pics will be replaced by the new newest baby. DH has also DLed pics of friends' babies off FB to show me later, he never gets the pics of older kids, just new babies cuz they're cute (but also, he doesn't print them out and plaster our house with them...)
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:04 PM   #35
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Yes. I think it's weird, and very creepy. It's almost just like the situation I was having with DH's aunt (who I don't know from Adam). She would repost my pictures to her wall! She's never met my kids! I don't know or understand the motive, and quite frankly, don't want to. My best guess is she (my case and yours) wants to make evidence for a relationship that doesn't exist. If someone cones over and sees her collage of your daughter, it looks like you two are besties!

I ended up blocking DH's aunt, grandmother, & his aunt's second profile. Then I put strict limits on who can see my pictures & statuses.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #36
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I guess it isn't a HUGE deal....I just think the whole thing is fishy. A person shouldn't use another person's password. I also find it odd that there were so many photos there especially in comparison with the other kids in the family. It just gave me the creeps.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #37
gwyn779
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's weird because she has to use someone else's password to get to those pics. If she had an account and were allowed to see them, it wouldn't be quite as bad.

I have an aunt on FB who I'm not at all close with (mostly because she broke off contact with our family for about 15 years) that I've had to place pretty big privacy restrictions on...in that by default she doesn't see my status updates or anything posted on my Wall. Among other things, she got offended by a joking comment one of my close friends made to me. Anyway, I recently saw she had reposted a video of my son on her FB page and it struck me as kind of creepy, but I had sent her links to web albums and where I keep those videos, so I figured I can't really say too much. She also did a couple of those "make your online photos into a book" thing for us of just my son...but she sent them to us. If she had been doing this sort of stuff with pictures she DIDN'T have access to, I would be very upset and weirded out.
gwyn779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #38
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
A person shouldn't use another person's password
if the other person is allowing it then there is nothing wrong with it.

It sounds like only 2-3 pics are actually from facebook. Someone could have printed them off & given them to her. Without asking you don't really know if she is the one who actually took them off.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 AM   #39
SAHM2Seven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymr View Post
The only reason I mentioned asking her was to put her on the spot... kind of a nice way of saying "where the he!! did you get these pics and why are they plastered all over your house?!"
I agree with this mama....I would have walked in and been like, oh wow, where did you get all the pictures of the baby from?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #40
SAHM2Seven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
She has asked me about 3 times for photos. She even wanted our entire cd of newborn photos. I either don't answer her question or if I have to answer, I am vague about it....as in I'll see if I can get that to you.

I never give them to her though. It just rubs me the wrong way and I'm not handing over a cd full of photos or giving her copies of everything I have taken. Yeah right. Most moms don't even do that with the relatives they are really close with.
I would give my mother or IL's a CD of the baby or grandparents, siblings, but not a relative that I am not even close with...that seems a little weird. Some people like pictures though, and maybe she is trying to have a better relationship with you??