Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Does your DH take the kids with him?

I have a heck of a time getting my husband to take the kids anywhere with me. Even just down the road to the market. He refuses. Says it's too much trouble and yadda yadda yadda.

REALLY? And it's no big deal for me to take them EVERYWHERE I go?! Our youngest is a year and a half and he has yet to take them BOTH somewhere. It just drives me bonkers and honestly, pisses me of!!

Advertisement

MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your DH take the kids with him?

My DH often takes them out. Right now he has taken my 2yo and 4 mo out to the library for a couple hours so that I can do a bit of work and have a break. He will sometimes walk down to the store with them after he comes home from work to pick up milk etc while i do the dinner. Only short trips though as I am BF!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
logansmom15
Registered Users
seller

i know exactly how you feel...
logansmom15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Dh sorta refused to take them places when they were babies. I think thats understandable. Esp for a person who is only with them for 1 or 2 days a week and never sees them besides that. Now.. He takes them whenever i ask. (when hes home) The other day in the morning i was not home.. He took them to Bfast with him.. All by himself. He was quite proud of himself..
Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
Treasures Of Mine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, he takes them all the time To the dentist, to work, to visitation...he usually starts around 12-13 months, as that's when they start taking a bottle. In fact, he has had my 6 yo ds all day today at church. He's great like that.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
MommaTooters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine says he will start taking them places when they are older...well how in the world are they going to learn to act and like going places with him if he waits too long?
MommaTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #7
lactatinglady
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Momma Tooters tell your hubby you need a break! My son is 1 and still nursing so when he was younger DH could not take him anywhere. Now that he is older and not nursing as often DH will take him to the store ect. However DH does not like to be left at home alone with our son. The reason is because DH will sit on the computer and TV and DS gets angry because he gets bored. For some reason when DH is at home he is lazy about taking care of our son. ITS DRIVING ME FREAKING CRAZY! I seriously haft to ask him for help he never just does it on his own. I DO EVERYTHING! So I feel your frustration....I love my husband but his laziness makes me not want anymore kids with him because I know I would be doing it all on my own. sigh...;(
lactatinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #8
RobynJ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband is a huge help in a lot of ways.. but he HATES taking DS with him. He says it slows him down and it is more work.. yet he doesn't understand why I am exhausted after taking ds on all my errands and taking him to work with me.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
army_princess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I allow DH to....yes he does. HAHA. DH is actually at the mall with DS right now! He is getting the oil changed and DS is with him, so DS will come home, wore out, and ready for a nap.

DH has had DD ONCE, he had to run somewhere while I was in PT and she was already in the car and I CAN NOT have kids with me.

other than that DH never takes DD because I am nursing. He has stayed home with her while I have been to PT.....
army_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #10
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

NEVER. I can count on one hand the number of times my husband has taken our daughter anywhere, and she turns 7 in July, so in that many years, there have been ample opportunities. As for our son, I really can't recall him taking him anywhere with him either. Both of them? Not in this lifetime. It's out of this world annoying.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote