Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
msmellissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does your DH take the kids with him?

All the time. Over ten years and 5 kids I would have slapped him silly by now if he hadn't! lol He takes the kids to activities, school, out shopping, to the park, whatever needs to be done if I can't or if he just feels like it. He's a very active parent and we share the kids and thier needs equally.

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #12
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband is really amazing in general. But even he doesn't like to take DS places if he's got something to actually do. He'll take him anywhere when it's just a fun trip, and he does "Crazy Boys Night!" with him a lot, lol. But if he needs to run to Lowes to get something, he prefers to go alone so he can do it faster. But if DS wants to go, generally he will take him. He's more apt to want me to go out to do something and stay home with DS though, easier that way. I'm not sure what I'd do if my DH was like you guys's! I'd go crazy!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #13
MaxCapacity
Registered Users
Formerly: newfluffma
seller

My Mood:

Yes, DH takes the kids with him all the time. In fact, he may end up going OUT with them more often than I do! I'm kind of a homebody & if there's a quick errand to be run, he'll go & often take at least 1 child with him. They're his kids too...he does as much as he can when he's home. I guess I'm very blessed!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM   #14
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

Yes, he will take them places occasionally, although because I am a SAHM, he doesn't really have a lot of opportunities to.

But if I have an appointment or am going out with friends, he will stay home with them and take them wherever he needs to go- the store, Lowe's, whatever. But I can honestly say he is way more involved with the girls and their care than other fathers (who are still good dads!) that I know. It is just how DH is.
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #15
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He takes DD with him quite often, she's almost 3. Occasionally he'll take them both for a walk, DS in the stroller, DD walking. He will take both kids outside in the yard, but that's a bit different. I can't really judge him for that though, because I myself do just about anything to avoid taking them both grocery shopping although every other Sunday I take both of them by myself to church.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! Dh will not ever take any of the kids unless I throw a HUGE fit! Then he will take one...And I can never go anywhere without at least 2 of them...He i really good with them at the house and all that. Usually we all end up going together anyway though.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
shelbell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCapacity View Post
Yes, DH takes the kids with him all the time. In fact, he may end up going OUT with them more often than I do! I'm kind of a homebody & if there's a quick errand to be run, he'll go & often take at least 1 child with him. They're his kids too...he does as much as he can when he's home. I guess I'm very blessed!
This. We have three, they're 14, 10 and 2 and he takes all three to the grocery store for our weekly shopping, he takes them all to Scouts, he takes them for walks, pretty much everywhere. I esp. agree with the bolded, his kids too.
shelbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, he does. He also watches them when I am at work, will take them to soccer practice or youth group. When I am not home, there isn't much of a choice.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
petuniaof3
Registered Users

My Mood:

DH takes two out of three with him quite often as the wee one is just too little. But DH is abit different as he's a teacher so since DS1 turned one, he stays home all summer with the kids while I work. Nothing like circumstances to force a dad to help out!

But there are lots of times when neither feel up to taking the kids with us as just getting them ready to go out the door can be exhausting. And grocery shopping with DH is actually worse than taking any of the kids.

mama
petuniaof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

He doesn't take all three out by himself-he just can't handle them LOL! But he'll frequently take one or two out on errands.
However he will watch all three at home if I have to go out-its a lot easier to deal with them at home I'm getting a perm on Thursday and will be gone for around 2 hours and my dh is watching the kids

Last edited by myfrugalfunlife; 05-22-2010 at 03:34 PM.
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote