Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #21
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Does your DH take the kids with him?

DH has taken DD all the time.. for a while he was laid off and I was working, so he was home with DD and would drive me to work and run errands with her, etc. he's always been good with her, but I don't remember how old she was the first time he took her by himself.

DS is only 12 days old. DH has been home alone with him while DD ran to pick up supper, but hasn't taken him out of the house by himself yet.

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #22
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's the opposite for us. Dh takes them everywhere and I tend to stay home with them because I think it's a pain to take them places
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #23
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

My hubby takes my son all sorts of places. He enjoys it. Tell him it's really not that hard and that he'll be able to bond with them better.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
joslin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is one of those weird areas where I think having PPD was really a blessing, since in the beginning DH was basically forced to take DS with him to do anything and it really made him have a ton of confidence jumping in with both feet like that. It was DH that took the mewling 2 day old to his first pedi visit.

So now 22 months later they are together all the time by themselves, just today as a matter of fact they went walking in the woods for like 4 hours while I slept in and then lounged around.

joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband rarely takes both of the little boys anywhere. But actually today he did, for about an hour!! He forgot something at his work, so he took both little ones with him to go get it. They were gone for about 45 minutes, and I spent the whole 45 minutes cleaning in peace.

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #26
ClothDiaperMePlease
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

once mine are eating, DH loves taking them out. Heck, he has taken the 3 and 6 year old camping by himself
The midwife considers the miracle of childbirth as normal, and leaves it alone unless there's trouble. The obstetrician normally sees childbirth as trouble. If he leaves it alone, it's a miracle.-Sheila Stubbs
ClothDiaperMePlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
sjmj
Registered Users

He is the main one that does the grocery shopping and takes the three kids most of the time. He usually does not take an infant with him, but that does not bother me.

He also enjoys taking them to the park, especially leaving me at home with the new baby to rest. That way everyone else does not get cabin fever and enjoy each other.

I LOVE that he takes them out - not only does it give me a break but they all have a great time.
sjmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #28
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we have three kids and my hubby will sometimes take one with him and much more rarely two, almost never does he take ALL of them i don't fault him too much because i think i handle them all better myself. he doesn't seem to be wired the same way. i can see your point, though.

oh, but he does take all of them outside for me a lot of times around dinnertime, which i am so grateful for!
Old 05-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #29
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He doesnt take all 3 together. He will take the oldest or the middle or the oldest and middle but not the baby. I give him credit he did it once when my third was 2 wks old maybe, he took all three to get food and such. I was in the hospital for an infection in my uterus. He took them all and cleaned up the house and such. I was very proud of him, he said IF he had to do it again he would.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #30
frenchie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This would NOT fly in my house. In fact, DH tries to pull this crap with me, and I flat out don't allow it. Neither one of us "wears the pants" in this family. We are equal. However, when something starts to become unbalanced on either side, the other one puts things in perspective.