Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Tad
Registered Users

My Mood:
Poop - in the toilet/wash/sink?

So, when you change the diapers, do you just toss them in the bag to be washed even if it has poop on it? And same question for wipes.

My DS poops only 1-2 times a day so scooping the poop in the toilet and rinsing the diaper+wipe in the sink is no big deal to me - BUT DH (and possibly daycare - have not asked them to switch to CD's yet) finds that impossible to do...

Advertisement

Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Stefany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Poop - in the toilet/wash/sink?

My bathroom/sink is kinda far from where I change my DS. I don't want to carry a poopy diaper through my whole house to get there. So, I use the little diaper bags and put the solid poopy in the bag and the rest just gets put in my diaper pail and washed with the other stuff. I use disposable wipes so my wipes go in the baggy thingy too. I have had no problems with stains or smells as of yet doing it this way.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #3
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

I have 2 wetbags. One for poo and one for pee dipes. I do a cold rinse in the washer of all poo dipes first and then add the pee dipes and rinse again. Easy Peasy! I would never ask my DH or a daycare (if we did that) to dunk or scrape. They wouldn't anyway and I find this is very easy to just rinse all at once! I find it uses less water than flushing the toilet multiple times.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
mama23boys
Banned
seller

hmm for us if i can shake it off into the toilet i do that or it just goes into the dry pail bag.

but i have been noticing pieces leftover in the diaper wash ( ) so i may need to buy a sprayer bc its not shaking off!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
southernmom2three
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I know in advance Im changing a poop, I change dd in the laundry room where I have a toilet/wash room area. I dump the solid poop into the toilet and hose the rest off in the sink, spray the dipe down with a little bact out and toss it into my diaper pail.
I cant bring myself to use cloth wipes for poop yet so I toss the offending wipes outside the door in the garage where I have a special can that awaits any sposies we might use (preschool days) or disposable wet wipes.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:06 PM   #6
mom2riley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I shake off what I can in the toilet and then get the rest w/ the diaper sprayer before I throw it in the wet bag.
Leilani '10
mom2riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #7
jsnichols1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We shake off what we can into the toilet and rinse the diaper off in the utility sink in the laundry room if it's stuck on...
jsnichols1 is offline   Reply With Quote