Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Registered Users

I think my dd has some sort of allergies. She started dropping down the weight chart as soon as she started solids, and has only gained 2lb in the past 6 months. She still have very runny green poops at least 3 times a day and vomits regularly. Lately she has been waking up screaming and her belly is rock hard. She has always scratched at her back and neck to the point of drawing blood but lately it has been really bad....her legs, neck, stomach and back are covered in scratches and scabs. I have isolated a few foods that give her rashes, she gets huge hives if a tomato touches her skin and oranges give her a horrible peeling diaper rash. Her cheeks have always been red and scaly looking and she usually has at least one patch of rash/dry skin somewhere on her body.

Does this sound like a food allergy? Can you get allergy testing done at 12 months?

Amelia CPST co-sleeping, toddler-wearing, CD'ing, delayed/selective vax'ing, ERF'ing mama to Alice 05/13/09
amelia222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Allergies?

The red dry scaly patches sound like eczema to me.

The Orange giving her diaper rash could just be from the acidity of it. That is pretty strong acid and being directly from and orange, there is nothing to dilute it any.

I would seriously concider taking her to the Ped and asking about seeing an allergist to have the scratch/arm test done. Especially if you think it could be food allergies. Personally, I wouldnt subject my kid to my own possible food allergies test by process of elimination. That can be dangerous.

DD has Eczema and non food allergies as well as asthma. We didnt know anything about her allergies until she had a blistering raw rash on her toes that we couldnt get rid of and the ped sent us to the Allergist. She is now on Loratadine and Singulair and we have a whole new bath routine to care for her Eczema.
Proud AF wife to Jeff (7/2005) and SAHM to Kaitlynn (3/2007)
Indianamom*2 is offline   Reply With Quote