Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Chicken Pox???

It seems that my girls have chicken pox. Fun times. Any suggestions for keeping them comfy? Telling them not to scratch has been a joke, especially for the 11-month-old! It seems to be a mild case (so far), but I wondered if anyone had home remedies they could share?

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
jdames
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chicken Pox???

I think I heard cornstarch bath somewhere...??? I would google it. I'm sure you can find some helpful info online. Sorry mama that's no fun!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i know a baking soda bath. You can also make a baking soda paste with just baking soda and water that should help with the itching
mommieofpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
Ellasundies
Registered Users

You know the clay masks for your face that they sell in the pharmacy. Those things work great at preventing itching for rashes and bug bites so I'm sure it would work great on a pox. You could make it seem like a girls party for your 3 yo. Do both your faces up and then add some to her pox. The 11 month old may not mind it either. I just put some on my 11 month olds leg for a bug bite and all it took was keeping her fingers out of it while it was wet and then once dry she didn't bother it at all.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Danielle0407
Registered Users

we just had chicken pox 2 weeks ago, buy some oatmeal (not the instant kind) and put it in an old nylon, use a hairtie or rubber band to attach it to the faucet and fill up the tub. then tie off the nylon and let the kids keep it in the bath with them. also use it to dab the spots the extra oatmeal will help with the itchyness.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Revy
Registered Users

My Mood:

To soothe your babies' itchy spots, you can use calamine lotion. You can also try putting bicarbonate of soda in your babies' bath to relieve itchiness.
Naturally for Her is the first company dedicated in providing the best organic and natural fertility management options like Lady-Comp and the Today Sponge FREE SHIPPING in the US! FREE 1 BOX of Natacare 100% Organic products in every purchase of Lady-Comp!
Revy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You don't happen to live near Portland, Oregon, do you?? I'm lookin' for a Chicken Pox party!! I really want the little boys to get it and get it over with!

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 PM   #8
twogirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

Ha! Nope--we're in TN. Thanks for all the suggestions--so far, neither seems bothered by the itching too much. I did give them an oatmeal bath tonight--luckily it seems to be a mild case!