Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #11
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where does your co-sleeper sleep?

Recently DS has been nursing while I'm on my back, then rolls over and uses my stomach as a pillow.

He used to just happily lay on my side by the bedrail.

Hoping he grows out of this stage fast, even though it is kinda cute

Advertisement

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
SillyEllie
Registered Users
Formerly: ardygurly
seller

My Mood:

before dd2 came dd1 slept with me in our queen size bed and dh slept on the couch. Now I sleep with dd2 in our bedroom (dd2 in her bassinet next to me) and dd1 sleeps on the floor of her room with dh
Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #13
dselbe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

most start in their bed and move in on us throughout the night. we try to keep the big girls on the floor beside the bed if they have to come in, but at one point we were sleeping 7 in a queen size bed, two or three between us at top and the others between our feet. mostly it's just the three youngest now but oldest DD still sneaks in from time to time
dselbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #14
sallyjean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have 3 month old twins and they're usually both on me, heads on my shoulders and bodies off to the side. now that it's getting warmer i usually put them down beside each other at some point in the night and then i sleep below them cross-ways. dh sleeps in the next room with ds. it works for us since ds still needs the extra attention at night and there would be no room for dh in our bed. the fact that dh snores like a tanker truck has nothing to do with the arrangement
Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #15
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When my 6mo DS falls asleep around 8:00pm I put him in my king size bed in the middle where he sleeps by himself until I go to bed around midnight. Then he snuggles up alongside me. It's my favorite time of night!

ETA: I'm not sure how this arrangement is going to work once he becomes mobile....
Old 05-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
Suncoastmommyof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my 2yr old usually falls asleep on the couch ( where she takes her naps too) then we move her to our bed..right in the middle of me & dh( he sleeps next to the wall) my 8mo usually starts in her crib ( takes naps in her crib...it the safest right now with little sister around) then usually ends up between me and my 2y old....we have a king so there is room for now........but I know the other 2 kids ( who are now 12 & 8) slept with us untill they were 5ish........it makes me feel safer knowing they are close....we don't mind it one bit!!
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #17
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dd rotates from either side of me which is in the middle of dh and I or in the middle of the wall and I and she nurses a few times a night.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:42 AM   #18
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 8yo sleeps in his own room and my 22 mo sleeps right in between daddy and I. As a previous poster mentioned, no cuddling for almost 2 years with DH. Well about 2 nights ago the 22mo started flipping around. His feet were by our pillows. Well he kicked his foot and kicked daddy in the face. Now daddy is making me look for a toddler bed that we can put on my side of the bed pushed up against it. I have one of those low Ikea beds so soon he will be in a toddler bed piggy backed onto our bed. His next step will be moving into the room with my older son when he is ready.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #19
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Ours always slept in the bed right beside me. Our bed partner right now is a three year old who sleeps all over the bed but he starts out in between me and DH or just beside DH (they go to bed before I do).
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
NorahsMom
Registered Users
seller

DD slept on my chest or cradled in my arm until moving to her own room at one year. DS sleeps part of the night the same way and then spends the rest of the night in an Arms Reach co-sleeper.