Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2010, 11:10 AM   #11
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 10 commandments of dining with little kids

I can't decide what's more offensive to me, the article, or the comments from some of the most insanely ignorant people ever! I breastfed both my boys in public (covered by a wrap or blanket), so naturally I have no issues with that. But, I get REGULAR compliments on how well behaved my children are. I realize that not everyone is so fortunate, but I find it rude to be given a list of "commandments" for taking MY children in public!!

Advertisement

Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charise820 View Post
I think a FB group should be made, I also think mom's should get together and make a real list of what those rules should be. I started one on my blog but I think we should show them what real helpful list for dinning would be for parents would be. and then boycott them unless they change their ways
Exactlly, helpful things like, do remember to bring snacks and toys to keep them entertained while waiting for the food. That is actually helpful (something I read in a parenting magazine when ds was born) and I am grateful for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I can't decide what's more offensive to me, the article, or the comments from some of the most insanely ignorant people ever! I breastfed both my boys in public (covered by a wrap or blanket), so naturally I have no issues with that. But, I get REGULAR compliments on how well behaved my children are. I realize that not everyone is so fortunate, but I find it rude to be given a list of "commandments" for taking MY children in public!!
That is my biggest beef with the whole thing.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
EarthMum
Registered Users
Formerly: Fallenangell44

What an awful article! I will not be reading that magazine anytime soon!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have eating out bags for each child with a small snack and things to do quietly that they only use while eating out, go potty when we first get there and talk to them about what we expect for behavior.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #15
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I breastfeed in public....WITHOUT a blanket.
I don't flash my nipples everywhere, but I'm not going to cover up my son because Joe Blow doesn't like that I'm nursing in public.
Now, if I were pleasing myself, would he have an issue with that????
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
SueBee23
Registered Users
Formerly: Lucasmomma

My Mood:

Seriously?? How condecending...especially at the bottom of each rule (commandment) there is a recipie as if to just say don't bother eating out!! Sometimes mom needs a break from cooking more than anyone..especially a BFing mom who expends alot of energy all day!!I will never understand why the big deal about BFing in public? It's not like you even see anything, unless you are trying to..is which case is creepy and not the BFing mamas fault!
Sorta Crunchy mom to 2'd,BF'd,famliy bedded fully intact, selectivly vaxed big boys, who finally found the man of her dreams(8/8/08)and is now a momma again to baby Lucawho came(10/9/09) to complete her family
SueBee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #17
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

boycott fb group if you want to join http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0942548&v=info
Old 05-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #18
EarthMum
Registered Users
Formerly: Fallenangell44

Quote:
Originally Posted by charise820 View Post
boycott fb group if you want to join http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...0942548&v=info
Joined! Thanks!
Old 05-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

your welcome
Old 05-23-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
momto2navybrats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I joined!! That article is ridiculous!! And some of those comments!? I will NEVER understand how people have an issue with breastfeeding a child but you could whip out a bottle and feed your baby anywhere no issues!

Join me on SWAGBUCKS to get free gift cards!!!
Check out my blog My Journey Through Life & Photography
momto2navybrats is offline   Reply With Quote