Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #21
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The 10 commandments of dining with little kids

Yep i don't get it or you can wear bearly nothing and be fine but bearly show any skin while feeding a child and your nasty I guess I don't get it.

Maybe it's a class thing? were some think only low class bf because they can't afford formula? i don't know I don't getit

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #22
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i hate her wording here

i should discourage my children from starting a food fight (uh, duh?)
i should try to squelch the screeching (uh duh)?

but NOT breastfeed at the table?

ridiculous.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #23
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

LOL how about telling parts to order from the kids menu?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
mommy2gr8kids78
Fairies and Fireflies~ Add Magic

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueBee23 View Post
Seriously?? How condecending...especially at the bottom of each rule (commandment) there is a recipe as if to just say don't bother eating out!! Sometimes mom needs a break from cooking more than anyone..especially a BFing mom who expends alot of energy all day!!I will never understand why the big deal about BFing in public? It's not like you even see anything, unless you are trying to..is which case is creepy and not the BFing mamas fault!
I was JUST going to post this exact same thing! Why do they think children should always be left at home. How on earth are they going to learn proper restaurant etiquette if they are stuck at home all the time????

I will NEVER again read BHG magazine! I'm disgusted with their anti child article. No matter HOW much they say they aren't anti child, it's clear to me that they ARE!

I have never breastfed, but certainly would not be bothered by seeing a breastfeeding mother feeding her baby at the table. My God they have wet t shirt contests in public and I've never seen anyone Bi%$$ over that!!

Catholic, Homeschooling, CD'ing, Open to life mama of 4 gifts from God.

mommy2gr8kids78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ugh and there is that idiot EVERYTIME

"peeing is natural but you don't do it in public"

ughh

my response "if you let your child drink pee when they are thirsty GO RIGHT AHEAD"
Old 05-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #26
mommy2gr8kids78
Fairies and Fireflies~ Add Magic

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naura View Post
ugh and there is that idiot EVERYTIME

"peeing is natural but you don't do it in public"

ughh

my response "if you let your child drink pee when they are thirsty GO RIGHT AHEAD"
Those people ARE idiots! How can they compare peeing to feeding someone something that our bodies were intended to do?

Catholic, Homeschooling, CD'ing, Open to life mama of 4 gifts from God.

mommy2gr8kids78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #27
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been on this crap all day! I just posted my dislike on their page and joined the boycott..ugh.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #28
charise820
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah good thing kids are watching a movie and I finally got the baby down I have been on this all day to LOL
Old 05-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #29
MrsLiberty
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I can't decide what's more offensive to me, the article, or the comments from some of the most insanely ignorant people ever! I breastfed both my boys in public (covered by a wrap or blanket), so naturally I have no issues with that. But, I get REGULAR compliments on how well behaved my children are. I realize that not everyone is so fortunate, but I find it rude to be given a list of "commandments" for taking MY children in public!!
This is exactly what I was about to say!! I was totally appalled about the "rule" to breastfeed in the bathroom. I HATE that people think that's a reasonable thing to ask. The comments were even more disheartening than the article, though... The least offensive parts of the article were apparently written by Captain Obvious (Don't block the way with gigantic strollers? You don't say!) but the comments were awful. It seems like our society has gotten so anti-kid that it's insane.

With that said, stuff like this makes me appreciate the good people that much more. We were out for dinner a couple weeks ago, and as the couple at the table next to us was leaving, they stopped and complimented us on our kids. I thought that was awesome, because my kids were definitely being themselves. I was teaching my daughter an impromptu science lesson (Unschooling moms, you know what I'm talking about! Take every opportunity for a lesson!) and my son was blabbering away, pretending to talk on daddy's Blackberry. They were being good, but definitely not silent, yet these people still complimented us on how good our kids are. I thought that was outstanding. I wish there were more people like that out there and less of these BHG commenter jerks.
Half redneck, half hippie, Libertarian, Army veteran, Engineer turned SAHM to one little princess (07/29/2003) and one future farmer (12/25/2008), and my little boobie monster (5/28/2011). Official partner in crime to my blue collar Adonis since 2004!

Wanna join Swagbucks?
MrsLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #30
blackberry75
Registered Users

Jeez, I am so sick of "feed your kid while next to a toilet"!!! LO would take bottles but (expletive), would people pitch a fit if I bottle fed him? NO, why should anyone have to eat next to where people take a dump? Ever, it's ridiculous to even imply that. I'm so mad now, I'm goin to scrub something.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote