Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:
Re: Sooo..... (LOST)

I'm watching Jimmy Kimmel right now and it seems they're going to explain a good portion of the show.

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
tjoy
Registered Users

My Mood:

As an admitted Lost "geek", I was kinda hoping I would get to geek-out with the significance of the numbers, Dharma initiative...all that stuff.

Don't get me wrong, it was upbeat and had character resolution (I'll admit to tearing up at end), but I feel...cheated.
ing, baby-wearing, vegetarian, non-circ-ing, vaxing mama to Liam 11/17/2009. #2 is on the way
my IHA/ISO
tjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:56 AM   #13
EmsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved it! I was so happy with how they brought everyone together.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:23 AM   #14
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Smile Because Of Them View Post
I think it was a great ending. A little confusing and I can see how so many people are confused because I was a bit too. But it was a really good ending. I'm happy with it.
Me too-so I jumped on a spoiler site and they explained it so now I'm happy I really like how it ended!
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #15
Cussin' Crafter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
As an admitted Lost "geek", I was kinda hoping I would get to geek-out with the significance of the numbers, Dharma initiative...all that stuff.

Don't get me wrong, it was upbeat and had character resolution (I'll admit to tearing up at end), but I feel...cheated.
me too. I still wanna know what is up with the 4 toed foot statue. dangit.

I felt really cheated last night too (and angered at the Jimmy Kimmel false promises of alternate endings) but then I woke up at like 5:30 this morning and thought it over and I accept the ending. I can't really think of another way they could have ended it by answering the questions and keeping hold of the mysticism.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #16
supergirljennie
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cussin' Crafter View Post
me too. I still wanna know what is up with the 4 toed foot statue. dangit.

I felt really cheated last night too (and angered at the Jimmy Kimmel false promises of alternate endings) but then I woke up at like 5:30 this morning and thought it over and I accept the ending. I can't really think of another way they could have ended it by answering the questions and keeping hold of the mysticism.
I am terribly disappointed. I have wasted 121 hours of my life to end in an overhyped clips show. It was an ending that did not do the incredibly complex mythology of Lost any justice. Boo.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:05 AM   #17
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay, I hadn't had a chance to get back on here till now. I think my problem with it is that they went all superspiritual. It was hyped as something that would keep you thinking and wondering, and a show that answered all the questions. It didn't actually answer anything, and I didn't like the "theology" of it, or the "all roads lead to the same place" implications. I've never been a fan of TV shows taking on the big spiritual questions like that, because you can't answer them without offending someone, and that means you don't actually give any kind of insight.
I think I wanted something a little less... Contrived? It seemed a little too perfect, all wrapped up in a little bow.
Also, it was stated by lots of people that the finale wasn't anything that anyone had guessed. But with the ending they gave, everybody could say, "I was right!" No matter what their theories had been.
For the last half hour or so, I was going, "I bet the coffin is empty," and "Watch, his dad will be right behind him." I don't like it when I can guess what happens next.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 AM   #18
flynnsmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I woke up this morning thinking about how pointless that was! I am pretty bummed.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:12 AM   #19
MeliMami0509
Banned for multiple accounts

My Mood:

Ok, I have to say I was a little disappointed. Maybe because eventhough it was kind of a happy ending (kind of) it really wasnt. It was not what I was expecting.

I saw got mad at jimmy kimmel false alternate endings. DH and I waited up for it and we literally wanted to throw a shoe at the tv. not very funny at 1 am when I was so unhappy with ending.
MeliMami0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:22 AM   #20
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't get to see Kimmel because I was taking my friend home. I would have probably thrown a shoe, too.
The four toed statue was a fertility goddess. Egyptian, I think. There's an article on Lostpedia.