Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #21
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sooo..... (LOST)

I liked it! as i watched it and at the end both my DH and i looked at eack other with a kinda WTF look on our faces--lol-- but then i thought about it for a bit and i GOT it----at least i think i did-- i'm going to have to check out a few spoiler sites and see if i really got it right-- i thought it was great that it ended the way it began--with that shot of jack lying in that field- and i'm so happy that we got the Jack/Kate "I love you" scene--i've always been pro Jake/kate-- now i want to go back and rewatch everything!!!

Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 AM   #22
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The music kept me on the verge of crying the whole show! There is something soooo emotional about it!

Well, we are totally LOST and we have watched every single episode...

We are going to start back 6 years ago from the beginning now...Its gonna be fun watching it again!

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 AM   #23
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not a good show to watch with pregnancy hormones raging! I was crying my eyes out!

It took me a while to process it. I liked how they ended it. I think it worked well for the show.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #24
JessieV
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so confused!!!! I have faithfully watched Lost and have never been more confused by an episode as I was last night. I don't understand what the alternate life (off of the island) was this whole season. Were they really living it?

My knit gallery My Ravelry
JessieV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #25
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieV View Post
I'm so confused!!!! I have faithfully watched Lost and have never been more confused by an episode as I was last night. I don't understand what the alternate life (off of the island) was this whole season. Were they really living it?
I'll try to explain it as i see it-- The whole alternate life this season was not "real" in it they are all really dead and are in a place where time really doesn't exist--- the way it was shown it seemed like it was supposed to be happening in parallel to the island story- but in reality it is a place where they are all dead and have to be brought together and connect to remember their actual real lives to be able to move on-- and the only way they can move on is to all connect together because in their actual real lives the time they spent on the island was the most important time of it-- they have to be together to be able to move on from that place- so where it seems like it actually is int he course of a few days-- there really is no time per se--- Since like Jack's Dad tells him in the end--- they all died at different times-- those last few days we see are when they actually are all dead and can meet again. What was real was the time on the island and the plane did crash-- and those events on the island were real-- Jack dies there in the end and those on the plane are assumed to go on and go back to "normal" life and die sometime in the future.

One thing i don't get tho is in the beginning of the season where the bomb goes off--and they are no longer in the 70's but back in regular time-- when Juliet says that the bomb "worked" ---- the intent of the bomb that Daniel said it would blow up the area so the hatch wouldn't exsist and the plane would not crash--- but that didn't happen--i don't get how the bomb actually "worked"? any theories?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #26
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just this weekend, I started with season one. But, after last night's three hour show, I can see that I will get confused easily. I may not watch all the seasons afterall. But, I'll stick with it as long as I can.

I'm still a little worried about that dog though. Why didn't someone take it off the island?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #27
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: jenny342
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoy View Post
As an admitted Lost "geek", I was kinda hoping I would get to geek-out with the significance of the numbers, Dharma initiative...all that stuff.

Don't get me wrong, it was upbeat and had character resolution (I'll admit to tearing up at end), but I feel...cheated.
this exactly - i stopped watching last season because i just got to darned confused.. caught a few episodes this year but last night... huh?!?!? I was hoping for a little more..

Jenny, Mama to many, 16, 14, 11, & 3 & & 10 mth baby girl!!

~Custom Recycled Wool Shoes ~ & Leather, OBV & Fabric Soft Soles

VeryChicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 AM   #28
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

I thought the ending was AWFUL. There were so many other ways they could have made it better, but the "everyone died and went to heaven" I suppose it a salve for the masses. Except I guess Michael and Walt don't get to go to heaven? Anyone else notice that? The alternate reality was dumb. I was thinking through the whole last season that the alternate reality was created when the bomb blew up and the final episode would be to reconcile the two worlds. It just seemed like such a cop-out with what they did. And the whole birth scene with Claire was just a joke. Contractions to baby in 5 minutes flat, woohoo! I guess I'm just not a mushy person, bc all the reconnection scenes in the alternate reality just made me roll my eyes. Anyways, I could go on and on about how much it all bugged me, but whateva, it's just a TV show. Now what to watch on Tuesday nights . . .

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #29
mtnmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok - seems like I'm in the minority, but I liked the ending. I have watched Lost from the beginning and still have no idea what is going on
But I like that. There are so many shows where you don't have to think. Every episode led to a discussion - is so & so really dead? what happened to Walt and the dog? etc etc etc. I liked that all the couples found each other in the end. I found it surprisingly satisfying. Now if it was all a dream, I would have been p@#ssd.
mtnmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #30
imasupernova
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's basically a story showing you what it would like to be in LIMBO...

mom to se7en rockin' kiddos
Do you Swag? You can earn FREE gift cards!
imasupernova is offline   Reply With Quote