Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #31
descrstn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sooo..... (LOST)

Here is my ending:

It should have shown them walking into the light and coming out on the other side (the source of the light) on the island as the last scene. Where they all now volunatarily live, and there aren't and problems of 'others' and 'Dharma' because the black smoke was defeated by Jack, and the island is recovered as a paradise. Basically Hugo did his guardian job well and Ben is redeemed by aiding him, as they must have made a portal between the light and the church.

And oh the "your all dead" scene never happened. Thats not necessary with my ending.

Sideways plot really happened because of the A-bomb and whatever Jack and Hugo accomplished with the light plugger, and they all remembered everything because of Desmond, and thats why they all went back. Because they all love eachother and the island is just awesome now.

I mean since the real ending sucked so bad and leaves such plot holes as: 'Why does the black smoke monster even matter then?' and 'What did Hugo and Ben do on the island, that caused them all to reunite?" and I am sure a few others.

The only plot hole they explained for me is the chemistry Juliette and Jack had in the middle of the series: They are amiable ex-spouses in sideways plot.

Well thats how I have to remember it so I don't regret wasting the last 6 years of my life *headdesk*

ETA: Oh yeah and I justify my ending since for YEARS the writers have been saying that they are not dead, not in limbo and it isn't purgatory. So they are all liars

Advertisement

Last edited by descrstn; 05-24-2010 at 12:22 PM.
descrstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #32
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

yeaaaaaaahhhhhh, i don't get it. i never got into that show. too confusing.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:42 PM   #33
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think that's what bugged me most of all, Descrstn. EVERYONE guessed that ending. That theory has been around since like season 4. But they kept saying, "Oh, no. No one has guessed it. You'll never figure it out."
I had really hoped for a little more imagination.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 PM   #34
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
Just this weekend, I started with season one. But, after last night's three hour show, I can see that I will get confused easily. I may not watch all the seasons afterall. But, I'll stick with it as long as I can.

I'm still a little worried about that dog though. Why didn't someone take it off the island?
Because Bernard and Rose were the dog "owners" and they lived their lives on the island. They chose not to leave.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #35
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Um, they weren't lying.
They weren't dead. The island isn't purgatory. It was real. They crashed.
The series finale only answered what happened to those people Jack cared about after they died. The alternate sideways "US post landing reality" was the purgatory they created by exploding the bomb on the island. That's why Juliet told Sawyer "It worked."
It worked in the fact that they created this "afterlife" place to meet up before passing on.
Kate said "I've missed you for so long." To Jack. She left the island on that plane Jack saw as he died. She went on living, to meet up with him again when they both passed on.
Hurley told Ben that he made "A good #2." Implying that they had spent more time on the island in charge after Jack passed on.
Jack's dad said they created "this place", the "US post landing" place as a place to meet up before moving on.
They all died, but not at the same time.
I think it explained their lives perfectly.
And all was right in the end. Isn't that the afterlife we dream about? Happliy ever after? So they gave you what you wanted. Reality sucked(the island) but the alternate reality "purgatory" didn't & neither does that church full of those they loved. Perfect!

But it didn't explain the island. It's real. The Dharma thing. The plug & hole with the light. Where they even were or when.
They didn't explain any of that. So we are still "Lost".
I think that's pretty cool actually!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #36
nakedbabytoes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You know why you could predict the ending? Because that's what we want to happen when we die. We expect what they gave us. That's the beauty of the ending!
They told us nothing about the island. But they gave us all the nice wrapped up Christmas bow ending to the people we cared about.
Perfect!

Last edited by nakedbabytoes; 05-24-2010 at 01:21 PM.
nakedbabytoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #37
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedbabytoes View Post
Um, they weren't lying.
They weren't dead. The island isn't purgatory. It was real. They crashed.
The series finale only answered what happened to those people Jack cared about after they died. The alternate sideways "US post landing reality" was the purgatory they created by exploding the bomb on the island. That's why Juliet told Sawyer "It worked."
It worked in the fact that they created this "afterlife" place to meet up before passing on.
Kate said "I've missed you for so long." To Jack. She left the island on that plane Jack saw as he died. She went on living, to meet up with him again when they both passed on.
Hurley told Ben that he made "A good #2." Implying that they had spent more time on the island in charge after Jack passed on.
Jack's dad said they created "this place", the "US post landing" place as a place to meet up before moving on.
They all died, but not at the same time.
I think it explained their lives perfectly.
And all was right in the end. Isn't that the afterlife we dream about? Happliy ever after? So they gave you what you wanted. Reality sucked(the island) but the alternate reality "purgatory" didn't & neither does that church full of those they loved. Perfect!

But it didn't explain the island. It's real. The Dharma thing. The plug & hole with the light. Where they even were or when.
They didn't explain any of that. So we are still "Lost".
I think that's pretty cool actually!
So many people are having trouble understanding it and thinking that they were dead the entire 6 seasons. You said it perfectly.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #38
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

uggg too many unanswered questions
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #39
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by descrstn View Post
ETA: Oh yeah and I justify my ending since for YEARS the writers have been saying that they are not dead, not in limbo and it isn't purgatory. So they are all liars
I've been reading a lot about this today online, basically because I need to get a life. But anyway, from what I've taken away, the response from the show's creators that they were not dead the whole time still stands. People thought that the *island* was the purgatory, but it wasn't. The island was real-time. The "sideways-LA" was the purgatory, or waiting place, and that didn't come about until this last season.

Another theory I saw was that Hurley was the one who set up the whole afterlife waiting place for them. Ben told Hurley that what he's good at is taking care of people - and that's one way he did.
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote